Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Save As" Replacing Objects

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
danielmNA5ZB
343 Views, 1 Reply

"Save As" Replacing Objects

I have noticed that if I have a few objects inserted into a design and then I "Save As" one of the objects, Fusion will replace the object in the combined design with the new "Save As" object.

"Item 1" and "Item 2" are created. They are both inserted into a new design, "Item Assembly", and jointed.

"Item 2" is "Save As" as "Item 3".

"Item 2" in "Item Assembly" is now replaced with "Item 3".

Expected would be "Item 2" remains in "Item Assembly" and not be replaced.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi @danielmNA5ZB

This is a known issue (internal FUS-45957). Basically Save As doesn't save the file with a new ID#, even if the name is different. Therefore when the two similarly ID'ed files are derived into an assembly, Fusion struggles to differentiate between the two to the point of combining them or deleting one.

We're working on a solution for this one. In the meantime there are some workarounds. The best is to right click the parent component and select  "Save Copy As", rather than using the save as command from the File dropdown.

Let me know if I can elaborate further on this.

Karina Harper

Software QA Engineer, Fusion 360

Fusion 360 Webinars | Contact Support | EDU Support | Support Board Best Practices

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report