Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas on ways to autmate 2D work. Like holes

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
213 Views, 1 Reply

Ideas on ways to autmate 2D work. Like holes

I have played around with making templets for drilling operations and they never seem to work right  when I pull them into the next block. I have also want to know if theres away for the software to recognize that a .250 dowel is there and find the tools for you?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jhackney1972
in reply to: Anonymous

The hole template is a good idea and I think you can make it work if you are willing to make a couple of compromises.  I created a screencast demonstrating some of the possibilities for the use of a hole template component.  Take a look and see what you think.  I did not cover all the possibilities but I am sure you can dream up a few more.  By the way, I did not show the editing of the hole template component sketch, in the assembly.  This is another way of editing the hole placements.  Since the link to the original component is broken, the sketch edits affect the current assembly component only.

As to your second question, I do not entirely understand your use of the words "find the tools".  If you want Fusion 360 to see the .250" dowel and find the correct hole to place it in, by size, that is not possible in Fusion 360 at this time.  This is possible in Autodesk Inventor using iMates but has not been included in Fusion as yet.  If you mean something else, please explain further.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report