Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Display Color Components" only shows Wireframe

74 REPLIES 74
SOLVED
Message 1 of 75
marcelTC4LJ
3019 Views, 74 Replies

"Display Color Components" only shows Wireframe

I've selected the visual style "Shaded with Visible Edges Only". However, when I switch to "Display Color Components" my models are shown as a wireframe. It's not related to a specific file as I see this behaviour even for 3rd party step files. So it looks like I accidentaly activated an unwanted option.

74 REPLIES 74
Message 2 of 75
jhackney1972
in reply to: marcelTC4LJ

I am not seeing this behavior.  I would suggest restarting Fusion 360, check your video settings in the application in your Preferences.

Shading Change.gif

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 75
pmargaritoff

Also seeing this issue.

I'm on an apple silicon mac and I _think_ this started with the native update.

Problem is intermittent and goes away when restarting Fusion. Super annoying.

Message 4 of 75
marcelTC4LJ
in reply to: pmargaritoff

Same for me. I realized it goes away after restarting but comes back after some time. I'm also on a silicon mac and can also confirm that it started with the native update.

Message 5 of 75

I am also having this issue, on a Mac Studio M1 Ultra. There are also navigation problems, I can no longer zoom with my Magic Mouse, and I've had to find a workaround to access the Create pull-down menu in the solids design workspace. These all began with the native update for me too...

Message 6 of 75
murbano

I am also seeing this behavior on an M2 Max MacBook Pro. It is intermittent and closing the file and reopening does not help. Restarting Fusion 360 will allow for the component coloring again but it is not a permanent fix as it will happen again, seemingly randomly.

Message 7 of 75
Reno_Raines01

I'm also experiencing this issue, any update on a solution?

Apple M2 chip

Message 8 of 75
jlorencik

I have same problem. I have MacBook Pro with M1 chip.

Message 9 of 75
jin.517

Same issue on m2 mac.

Message 10 of 75

Similar issue here. Sometimes component colors just become invisible and the entire part just disappears; turn off component colors and it's back, turn them on again and it disappears again. Also, when this happens sometimes the sketch palette doesn't appear when editing a sketch. Quit/Restart is the only way to restore proper behavior.

Message 11 of 75
Reno_Raines01

Good thing fusion crashes every 20 min, resetting the wireframe issue...

Message 12 of 75
PARRSrobot

I have also been dealing with this issue.  Super Annoying, but takes me back to when I was a kid and learned on wireframe only systems.  Mac M1 MAX system running Sonoma 14.1

Message 13 of 75

Same issue here on m1 but I guess Autodesk won't fix it unless 50 people in this thread say they have the issue.
Message 14 of 75
ckp66253

Same problem here on Mac Studio. Happens over and over along with crashes. I believe it started when Fusion went native also. 

Message 15 of 75
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: ckp66253

@ckp66253 

I can’t remember last time I crashed.

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file that exhibits this behavior to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Message 16 of 75
ckp66253
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

I can't create the problem on demand and it happens on old files as well as new files. Once it starts happening it seems to happen over and over again. The only way to stop it is by closing down Fusion and restarting the Mac. I have been trying to verify if it happens more when I'm participating in a zoom room. One thing for sure is that while trying to create an offset using the arrow often causes Fusion to crash. To offset threads I had to enter a small offset number in the entry window then save then repeat. Tiny offsets with the arrow is impossible. I must have sent a dozen crash reports to Autodesk a few nights ago and a few to apple while trying to offset some threads.
Message 17 of 75
maxjunq

Same problem here. New Mac Studio. Random Wireframe components when doing display component colors
Message 18 of 75
Reno_Raines01

Problem stil persist even after multiple 'updates', anyone found a solution yet?

Message 19 of 75

@Reno_Raines01 

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Message 20 of 75

See attached.

It happens to all kind of files:

- native files which i drew from scratch in fusion

- downloaded STP files for for example traceparts,...

- Stp file drew by colleagues in Inventor

Only solution is to close down fusion AND restart my mac, only restarting fusion does not fix it. I've recently upgraded to a macbook pro with a M2 max chip and that's when it started. I did not have the issue with my previous Intel mac.

Thanks, Christof.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report