Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project keeps crashing on me

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Jacques_Bayman
503 Views, 11 Replies

Project keeps crashing on me

I see similar old posts, but this seems to be just one project for me at this stage that is crashing.

I've been working on the attached project, but now it crashes withing seconds of trying to edit it. It is very frustrating as this specific project now keeps going turtle on me as I am trying to build on it. I got an "report to Fusion" option once when trying to roll back in the timeline. As of right now, any edit crash Fusion within seconds of doing an edit. I get an immediate crash 100% of the time as soon as I try and edit Sketch 3 under the "Canopy" component. As soon s I move the sketch slot, Fusion dies.

It appears that my other project does open and seems to be stable, thus it seems something in this project is broken. I did import a project from the gallery, but broke the link so as to edit it and place it where I want it.

I restarted my laptop to see if it will help, but no dice. I will attach the project and the latest log file. The screen cast does not seem to be ready yet, so I cannot attach that right now.

Labels (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Hey @Jacques_Bayman I opened your project on my end and it worked smoothly. I made a screencast and waiting for it to get approved. In the meantime I am uploading a new version of your project to see if it will be more stable on your end. Let me know if it helped! 🙂 

Message 3 of 12

here is the screencast - let me know if what I managed to edit was beyond of what you managed before the project crashed 🙂 

Also here is a link to a "how to" for collecting crash log and diagnostics - it is always good to have them for support and troubleshooting! 🙂 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How... 

Message 4 of 12

here is the screencast - let me know if what I managed to edit was beyond of what you managed before the project crashed 🙂 

Also here is a link to a "how to" for collecting crash log and diagnostics - it is always good to have them for support and troubleshooting! 🙂 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How... 

Message 5 of 12

Hi

I did attach the diagnostics in the first post. My screencast is no approved. I am attaching it. Towards the end, the screencast suddenly stop. I was recording the whole screen as you can see from the background in the hopes I can continue recording while when Fusion dies, but the recording stop although it appears to continue.

The file you send me does the same. Currently the fastest way for me to close Fusion, is to try and drag that Slot arc in the sketch. 😞

I have also saved my own local copy to try as a seperate design - same applies. I have deleted that errand sketch, and created it on the back plane of the camera, rather than the lens cap. I was able to work on it for a bit, but then as I try and position the arc - bam!! - it's gone... Sometimes the design is open and happy with edits, but as soon as a sketch with the camera as reference - it dies.

I do think it has something to do with the camera. This part was from the Fusion gallery. I had to edit it to get a rigid assembly. (I only need it for reference and due to sheer laziness, I copied it from the gallery...)  Here is the screencast. I have made another screencast with your  new file that crash as well, but it is not ready yet.

Message 6 of 12

My screen cast. Submitting a post to the forum gives me an error "incorrect HTML..." I am using the web interface. The screencast was removed in the previous post

Message 7 of 12

Now I am confused... First post today -  no screencast attached. Submitted it on new post, and it appears with the first post. Apologies no idea what or why. Maybe I did not click "insert" or something.

Here is the screencast trying to edit the imported file.

Message 8 of 12

@Jacques_Bayman wrote:

I get an immediate crash 100% of the time as soon as I try and edit Sketch 3 under the "Canopy" component. As soon s I move the sketch slot, Fusion dies.

@jeff_strater  @Phil.E  could someone look at this design. Editing Sketch 3 in the Canopy component and just dragging a line causes a crash. Tried a couple of edits but couldn't figure out what's wrong before crashing.

Thanks Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 12

rough all around! Hope you get it resolved!!!

Message 10 of 12
Phil.E
in reply to: HughesTooling

@HughesTooling Thanks for the heads up. Now logged as a crash ticket. It's crashing the constraint solver, related to this one constraint:

vertical constraint issue.png

@Jacques_Bayman Thanks for the model. I hope this helps.

@YoavFriedlander Thanks for helping out.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 12
YoavFriedlander
in reply to: Phil.E

wow!

Message 12 of 12
Jacques_Bayman
in reply to: Phil.E

Good spotting I can confirm once I remove the constraint, Fusion stop crashing on me. I deleted the whole sketch, and redraw everything on the backplane of the camera. I used midpoints constraints in stead of vertical and it is working fine so far.

The alignment is a problem I struggle with. I imported the camera, and had to eyeball it to align it to where I want. So the camera is not perfectly horizontal. I was aware (and frustrated) by it! Good spotting twice! Inspecting the camera show 89.9 degrees and not 90 degrees as it should. Any help in creating that joint would be much appreciated, but that is another topic!

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report