Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Mirroring Features

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jhackney1972
296 Views, 3 Replies

Problem with Mirroring Features

In the attached model, I am attempting to create a Mirror of the last three features in the timeline about the 45 degree plane, at the end of the timeline (Plane2).  The Mirror is successful with the Extrusion and the Chamfer but refuses to Mirror the Fillet.  If I use Mirror Faces, it works perfectly but not being able to Mirror features does not seem right to me.  I would appreciate someone letting me know why I cannot Mirror all the three features only Faces.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

My guess would be because the intersection edge you pick for the fillet ends up on a different surface after the mirror it fails. If you use a Rule fillet instead and select the face it works because after the mirror the fillet is looking for an intersection with the face not an edge.

HughesTooling_0-1637263209154.png

File's attached.

HughesTooling_1-1637263371121.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4

If I recreate using a loft instead of a sweep so it's a single surface it also works. So I think the problem is down to the intersection ending up between the face on the cylinder and a different surface is the problem. File's attached again.

HughesTooling_0-1637263769395.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4

Mark,

I like your first solution the best.  The reason is this model is for a Fusion 360 beginner I am trying to help get up to speed and I really do not want to go into the Loft command just yet.  This model was a simple exercise to introduce the Sweep command and I just got into the mirror situation as we were finishing up.  We backed up and finished his model using a second fillet but I needed a "plausible" reason for the failure just to keep my sanity.  Thanks a bunch for your effort.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report