Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Exporting DXF Files

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
basak_karpuz
250 Views, 3 Replies

Problem with Exporting DXF Files

Dear Autodesk Team, here is my problem.

I cannot see my construction lines in dashed form when I export my sketch as DXF file.

I have created a sketch with a few lines some of which are construction lines.

However, when I insert the DXF file into the same project, I see that all lines are solid lines, i.e., the construction lines are no more dashed. Actually, I am creating a project that I read DXF files in Python and process them depending on their types.

I need help in this direction.

bkarpuz

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
g-andresen
in reply to: basak_karpuz

Hi,

This is normal behavior when exporting/importing DXF.

Copy / Paste instead

1. select elements in active sketch > rightclick > copy

2. paste into another ( or new) sketch 

günther

Message 3 of 4
basak_karpuz
in reply to: g-andresen

Thank you Günther, but I want to read the exported file in Phyton, this is why I need construction line type.
Message 4 of 4

@basak_karpuz As Fusion's sketch environment doesn't support line types for import or export you might have to create your own export add in, does Fusion's API let you read line types?

Even if AutoDesk wanted to improve how sketches read\write line types it's not likely to happen for a long time.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report