Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POSTED NC CODE IS REDICULOUSLY LARGE

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
446 Views, 3 Replies

POSTED NC CODE IS REDICULOUSLY LARGE

Hi everyone, I am new to Fusion 360, coming from decades of Mastercam and NC code editing experience. I still program for older machines and also do highly accurate work. Instead of getting elegant and compact code that produces the highest accuracy features, I get a huge, ridiculous program for the simplest of features.

Why can't I get an output like this?

G0 X0 Y0

Z.1

G1 Z-.5 F100.

G41 D1 X1. F10.

G3 I-1.

G1 G40 X0

G0 Z5. M9

Instead I get 20 pages of tiny line segments and a few arc moves thrown in here and there! It creates situations where I can't even use the programs it posts! I have tried Smoothing, different posts and different parameters to no avail. I give up! I refuse to use it for anything but surfacing. To me, that is all Fusion 360 is good for unless this problem is solved.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jhackney1972
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to attach the model you are creating the NC code from so someone will be able to understand why you are getting so many segments.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section of a forum post to attach it.

Edit: You will probably get better and quicker answers if you post your question to the Fusion 360 Manufacturing Forum which is dedicated to this type of question.

Attachment.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thank you for your quick response. You already gave me part of the answer. In Mastercam, I create the geometry overlaying the model. If the resulting geometry is a spline or isn't right in some way, I fix it before using it for a toolpath. In this way my NC code always comes out clean. I thought I was doing it correctly when I was using the surface edges of the model. That seems to be the problem. I can't upload the model because I can get into hot water with the company. I do thank you for making me realize it could be the model.

Message 4 of 4
SuncoastTechnicalCollege
in reply to: Anonymous

Video link    NC File reduction 

CNC Machinist Education Network
https://www.youtube.com/c/CNCMachinistEducationNetwork

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report