Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible bug: chamfer stops partway through curve

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
GRSnyder
180 Views, 3 Replies

Possible bug: chamfer stops partway through curve

Here's one I have not seen before. Open the attached file and see if you can add an 0.5mm chamfer to the top or bottom of the central puck. Both edges seem to highlight correctly as one continuous circular path, even with Tangent chain turned off:

Unchamferable.png

But when the Chamfer is executed, it stops at some random location, not even at the midline:

Unchamferable2.png

Close up:

Unchamferable3.png

Chamfering is possible up until the point at which the central puck is Combined with the Neonatal Barb body (where I've left the timeline marker). Even though the top and bottom of the puck were used to split away unwanted parts of the barb base, there still seems to be something unhappy about the resulting combined surfaces.

The attached file is relatively simple and all the bodies were created within this same Fusion 360 document. 

Please note: This is not a question about how to get these edges to chamfer. I can work around the issue just fine. I'm documenting this in case the behavior seems to indicate something unexpected going on within Fusion 360.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TrippyLighting
in reply to: GRSnyder

That definitely is a bug! @jeff_strater 

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
jeff_strater

sent off to the kernel team to investigate

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 4 of 4
GRSnyder

I'm seeing what appears to be this same issue in an unrelated model, which is attached. The common thread seems to be a chamfer on a flat face produced by cutting a spherical or cylindrical object.

If I've run into it multiple times, it's probably not too uncommon in the wild.

Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 2.28.21 PM.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report