Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me work out how to move cabinet fasteners parametrically

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
OliverDownie
249 Views, 6 Replies

Please help me work out how to move cabinet fasteners parametrically

I'm using Fusion to design some parametric cabinets - I just stopped my Mozaik subscription as we are only doing small run cabinets using the cabineo system.

I can work out pretty much all I need - except for making the Cabineo fasteners move with the edges.

Please see attached pic for reference.

I think that it might be a joint, but after 3 hours I cannot work it out.

Thanks in advance!

Labels (4)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
g-andresen
in reply to: OliverDownie

Hi,

Please share the file for reply.

File > export > save as f3d on local drive  > attach to post

günther

Message 3 of 7
OliverDownie
in reply to: g-andresen

File attached, thank you!

Message 4 of 7
jhackney1972

You will not be able to use joints on your cabinet fasteners until you create Components from the bodies they are now.  You also have a lot of lost reference warning in your timeline that are going to haunt your every move.  I suspect you did some copy/paste bodies and "Deleted" the originals instead of "Removing" them.

Bodies Need to be Components.jpg

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
OliverDownie
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thanks for the response!

I have simplified the file and made everything components. Still can't work it out though...

Message 6 of 7
jhackney1972

As the video explains, you have created this model using a Skeleton approach so each component is dependent on the skeleton.  This is not a problem with any component including the cabinet fasteners.  The only thing is they must be placed using assembly Joints RELATED to the component they are a part of to make the cabinet fasteners update when the size of the cabinet changes.  You can used As Built Joints on the other components, not the best method but fast.  Another problem with this method is the Combine you did to create the holes for the cabinet fasteners, as the video shows, these combines were placed in the component by the cabinet fastener and that will move as the cabinet parameters change. I only worked with the Width parameter the others will have their own issues as you add cabinet fasteners.  I am returning your model as you sent it to me, as an F3Z file.  Since you have to upload it to open it, I caution you to use a different folder as it will duplicate all the components if you upload it to the same folder as the original.

Edit: The F3Z file would not attach due to a Forum error.  I have placed it in my Dropbox account, the link is here.  It will not stay there long so download it as soon as possible.

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
davebYYPCU

I have reviewed both files, but no more time here to demo today.

I would suggest making the individual parts complete, (there are some tricks) before assembling duplicates.

Your model should reflect your manufacturing processes, the groove rebate (for the back panel) is too simple.

(no clearance and a blind square end channel - really? )

Model one cavity for your fitting and then use Fusion tools to duplicate / pattern them.

Why a Midplane, on top of the Origin?

Research Configurations for different sizes of the same model.

Might help...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report