Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Issues

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
1102 Views, 12 Replies

Performance Issues

I've search through the forums, anything I found didn't match my situation or the solutions didn't help. Performance is so bad that just dragging the Fusion 360 window around the desktop causes stutters and lagging. I don't even have any design/drawing loaded, just an empty canvas. Clicking on buttons in the GUI some times doesn't do anything and some times take 3-5 seconds before the program reacts to the click (I can see the visual confirmation of the button press followed by a delay before the program actions the click). Clicking on the Menu, it can take 2-3 seconds just for the Menu to render (you can see it slowly fade in). It's almost impossible to navigate (scroll, rotate, zoom) the performance is so bad.

I've tried changing the graphics mode from Auto to DX11 and DX9, and tried setting the graphics to Better Performance. Nothing has helped. I'm running version 2.0.5338, I have a nVidia GTX 1070, Core i5-7600k, 16 GB RAM and a +100Mbps Internet connection. I have Windows 10 Pro installed and updated, I just reinstalled it before the Holidays, issues started on the first time running Fusion (I've reinstalled Fusion a number of times now). The nVidia driver is at the latest version (I just updated it today). I also tried working in offline mode, but whenever I try I get the "Sorry, Fusion was unable to save sufficient data for Offline mode...". Again none of the solutions on the forums seems to fix that issue either. The Graphics Diagnostics are also displaying some strange values.

Here's a link to the Screencast, I can't get it to attach to this post. https://autode.sk/2VYGupS

I'm at a loss, does anyone have any other suggestions? Is anyone seeing the same thing? 

Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
HughesTooling
in reply to: Anonymous

If you open Fusion's graphics diagnostics does the GPU Driver Version give you the correct number of is it a path to a driver.

Clipboard02.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: HughesTooling

Under DX11, it's a path.

DX11DX11

Under DX9, it's the version number; not the number I would expect. I'm on driver version 417.71, Fusion has 1.1.771.

DX9DX9

Both DX11 and DX9 are missing the Date; they have Unkown.

Message 4 of 13
HughesTooling

I've seen quite a few problems like this, always Windows 10 and a GeForce card. I'll try again to get someone from support to help, not had any luck getting replies from support in the past though.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

Thanks, I really appreciate that. This is very frustrating.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

Just tried uninstalling nVidia Drivers, but it didn't help with the performance, but at least it had values for the Version and Date.

No DriversNo Drivers

Message 7 of 13
HughesTooling

Do you have dual graphics cards? Your screenshot shows only 128MB memory and Microsoft Basic render.

Does DXDiag.exe show any problems if you run it?

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

I'm assuming that's the basic driver Microsoft is using for my nVidia Card after I deleted the nVidia drivers. I do have integrated graphics (nearly all Intel CPUs include graphics now a days), but I have my primary monitor mode set to PEG in my BIOS. That's the best I can do to enforce the use of the nVidia Card instead of integrated graphics. I've run dxDiag multiple times before my original post, it never showed any kind of issue and I can play DX games without issue.

Message 9 of 13
HughesTooling

With a desktop PC do you have options for programs to run on either like you do with a laptop? I have a laptop with dual graphics and if I right click the Fusion icon I get the option to run on either, Fusion's alway run fine and used the GeForce card. But there have been several posts where people have had real problems getting fusion to use the dedicated graphics card for some reason.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

I did see mention of that, but I don't have the ability to pick which graphics devices to use. While I was playing around in the 'right-click' menu, I also tried compatibility mode (Windows 7), but that didn't help either. I also double checked my Device Manager, I only have the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 under Display Adapters, so I'm not sure why/how it would get confused over which display adapter to use. I'm slowly running out of things to try/check; I really do appreciate the suggestions though.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

I'm also having a lot of lags and problems using NVIDIA 417.71 on a GTX760.
Panning around and doing anything is super slow and sluggish.
I cannot even load dwg files from my local storage because I get an error saying "Fusion 360 is synchronizing the data with cloud storage. Please try again in a moment.".
I already tried doing a Fusion360 clean uinstall/installa but nothing changed.

Cattura.PNG

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

SOLVED!
It was not related to the Nvidia drivers.
I opened the log of Fusion 360 and saw thit it was spitting out multiple times this error:

E CloudBrowser: No visible Project.		ThreadID: 13044, Function: void __cdecl Ns::CloudBrowser::GroupCollImpl::downloadData::<lambda_3a211c5be94d76c8ec4ac70ed1dcaae2>::operator ()(class std::shared_ptr<class Ns::Network::Request>) const, Line: 319

So I did a quick Google search and found this.
As suggested by @innovatenate I created a project in my hub, uploaded a random dwg and reastarted Fusion 360 and this solved all my problems.
In fact a few days ago I had archived/removed the default project that was created in the hub and there were no other projects in my hub.

Message 13 of 13
Anonymous

What a bizarre bug. I all I had to do was create 1 Project (empty) and performance improved immediately. My Graphics Diagnostics is still showing garbage data, but Fusion 360 is now usable. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report