Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part numbers inconsistent in drawing title blocks

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
aussiebrute
336 Views, 4 Replies

Part numbers inconsistent in drawing title blocks

I am producing detail drawings of parts from a model. The title block I have created uses the "Part Number" (MODEL_PART_NO) attribute with the hope to populate a drawing number that reflects the part number of the part being detailed. Within a drawing file of multiple sheets there is an issue where, on some sheets, the title block is populated with the part number but on some sheets the title block is populated with the part number of the whole model. The parts list seems to always be consistent even though the quantities are never retrieved correctly from the model. Am I expecting too much or am I misunderstanding? TIA.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ClintBrown3D
in reply to: aussiebrute

Hi @aussiebrute 

I think I can see the issue. The attributes in the title block look at the first reference in the browser, and display their properties.

Your drawing has 2 references. I assume that if you deleted the reference highlighted in red, that the title block would show the same properties as the parts list.

ClintBrown3D_0-1698655337346.png

Message 3 of 5
aussiebrute
in reply to: ClintBrown3D

Thank you. This has worked, however, as I applied this fix, what I noticed was that it was often the second reference that was the issue and it was referencing a different part.

Sheet example 3_LI.jpg

It looks as if when the drawing file has updated after the model has been updated it attaches another reference but unfortunately that reference is of a different part. Any ideas?

Message 4 of 5
ClintBrown3D
in reply to: aussiebrute

Hey @aussiebrute

When a view is deleted, a reference is left in the browser. When placing a new base view, the default, is to place a new reference (although you can select the existing one in the browser). Creating a new reference results in 2 browser references.

The left over original reference in the browser, often, is not what users are expecting. So, the suggestion, is to delete unneeded browser references. This way, your model and drawing should all stay in sync as expected.

Message 5 of 5
aussiebrute
in reply to: ClintBrown3D

Something I'll have to watch out for. Thanks again for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report