Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening a Drawing hangs on Mac

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
colinNJB25
639 Views, 7 Replies

Opening a Drawing hangs on Mac

I am trying to open a drawing I have been working with all week. I just need to change some text and send it off and my Friday is done. When I open the drawing nothing is shown. If I select any tool like dimension it hangs with a spinning wheel. I left it for an hour but it still can't resolve. I found a work around for drawings for PC but not for Mac.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ryan.bales
in reply to: colinNJB25

Had you been working on it primarily on the PC or MAC? What MAC install are you using, MAS or from Autodesk?

Ryan Bales
Fusion 360 Product Support
Message 3 of 8
colinNJB25
in reply to: ryan.bales

This project is only opened on the Mac. As far as the install goes, I am not sure I understand the question. I installed it from the Autodesk website.

Message 4 of 8
ryan.bales

On Mac you can install two different ways, through our website and your account or the Mac Apple Store or MAS.

But that is curious. Does it crash or just stay locked up?

Ryan Bales
Fusion 360 Product Support
Message 5 of 8
colinNJB25
in reply to: ryan.bales

I did it through the website. The drawing does not crash it hangs for at least an hour. I ended up redrawing it but the update also broke my drawing template title block so getting that working out took longer than remaking the drawing. 😕

Message 6 of 8
fenton.webb

Sorry to hear about your problems, Colin. Would you be ok sharing your Drawing with us? Feel free to contact me privately...

Fenton Webb
AutoCAD Engineering
Autodesk

Message 7 of 8
colinNJB25
in reply to: fenton.webb

Sent.

Message 8 of 8
tedbradley314

I'm having a similar issue, though it sounds a bit different. 

colinNJB25 seems to have been able to open the drawing but nothing is shown in the view/edit pan. 
I can't open my drawing "Swag Pendants - Set of 9 Drawing". There's a spinning icon over the drawing preview, similar to if it was uploading after a save.

See screenshot attached. 

I've restarted fusion 360 twice and restarted my computer. 

I have a fast active internet connection. 

The file showed in the web browser, so I downloaded the file and attached it here. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report