Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Older 3D mouse stopped working with fusion update

29 REPLIES 29
SOLVED
Message 1 of 30
xer00
2637 Views, 29 Replies

Older 3D mouse stopped working with fusion update

Since the latest update where is switched to SpaceMouse SDK V.4.0 the older 3D mouse that only work with driver version 10.4.10 or lower don't work anymore. Would it be possible to give people the posibility to switch to the older version in the preferences or another way to get them to work?
I spoke with 5 different people for who it stopped working and there are probably a lot more, the old 3D mouse are build really solid and after 14 years mine is still as good as new except for the driver. I did have contact with 3Dconnexion but they can't do anything on their side.
(I'm using a 2007 SpacePilot)

29 REPLIES 29
Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
in reply to: xer00

I am one of the ones that was discussing this problem on the FB group. This is a real problem for a lot of us, its not really in the budget to buy a new 3d mouse over an API issue. 

Message 3 of 30
pobby_11

Yes I'm in the same boat with a 2005 space mouse usb 5000 its still a great navigator besides being a little out dated. It still works in Inventor, Blender, Z brush and other 3d software please find a patch or a work through a lot of people using fusion 360 are learning and can't really justify spending money on a 300 dollar navigator when they have a perfectly working navigator already. 

Message 4 of 30
drewrt

My SpaceExplorer (2007?) has also effectively bricked, it acts as a scroll wheel, and the panel button brings up the 3dx menu for inventor, even if I remove it via the install tool 

Message 5 of 30
tomas.lavoll

Same goes for me, started using F360 and my Spacepilot after some months off, buttons working fine, no joystick action in the program, works fine in the 3dConnexion demo though, Please advice Autodesk.

Best Regards, Tom 

Message 6 of 30
Anonymous

Mine stopped working as well. would really appreciate a fix for this!

Message 7 of 30
tmash1222

i have a newer 3d connexion enterprise... same issue all buttons work except the space mouse itself. why!?!?!?! i need to get work done!

Message 8 of 30
SpecialJ

I'm in the same boat. Downloaded the two legacy drivers, removed everything, uninstalled, reinstalled. Space explorer not working in fusion, at all. works just fine every where else. I noticed in the feature preview that there was a 3d mouse update coming. i enabled it and my SE stopped working. disabled it, worked fine. now after the last update. doesn't work at all, and i noticed the 3d mouse feature has been removed from preview. so i assume now its live in the program. 

either way, its a real pain to not be able to use this... Be really nice to get this working.

Message 9 of 30
SpecialJ

Hey, got a fix that has worked so far. 

go to https://3dconnexion.com/us/archived-drivers/?fwp_drivers_product=spacepilot-pro&fwp_drivers_os=windo...

use driver 10.6.3. it won't show up under the space explorer, its under the space pilot pro. as soon as i installed that driver, everything works as normal. this is the latest driver, came out in 2019. so far so good. good luck, hope that helps.

Message 10 of 30
xer00
in reply to: SpecialJ

this driver doesn't work with the old spacepilot and other old 3Dconexxion devices, to be clear I tried all drivers that are available to make sure that isn't the problem.

Message 11 of 30
xer00

Can someone from autodesk at least reply so we know if we need to buy new 3D mouses or if there is a chance that they will work again?

Message 12 of 30
Anonymous

This 10.6.3 version fix did work on my workshop pc, but not on my inside one. It my be a difference in the Windows update status. I have not pinned it down yet. 
I would really appreciate a quick fix for this also. 
Thanks. 

Message 13 of 30
xer00
in reply to: Anonymous

Autodesk made a separate post regarding this issue and looks like it should be solved with the next update

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-support/fusion-360-support-for-older-3dconnexion-spacemous...

Message 14 of 30
SpecialJ

I completely uninstalled all the drivers then did a fresh install, have you updated your other machine where it wasn't working? Someone mentioned in this thread that autodesk is working on a fix and should be resolved in the next update. not sure, so far mine is still functioning properly with the driver I mentioned. I update my windows regularly and I recently switched to windows 11, though the issue started in windows 10.  

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous

I tried again after reading your message.

Fusion 360 updated and closed.

Uninstall 3d connection driver and rebooted Win 11 also up to date.

Installed archived driver 3DxSoftware64_v3-16-3_r1447 for my 12 year old SpacePilot that was working just fine before Fusion update that killed it. Works fine still with other programs.

Reinstalled above driver and it still does not work in Fusion 360.

Used update wizard in driver menu to update to 3DxWare64_v10-8-4_r3407 after uninstall.

Now it does not work in Fusion 360 or within the new driver settings menus of 3d connections. It also lists the Space Pilot now as a mouse. I can start and stop driver to no avail.

Uninstalled 3DxWare64_v10-8-4_r3407 and reinstalled 3DxSoftware64_v3-16-3_r1447. Now works within it's on menus but still not in Fusion 360 of course.

I will watch and wait for a solution.

Message 16 of 30
Phil.E

There is an update to Fusion 360 to address the following issues for customers using Windows:

• Support for older 3Dconnexion devices
  • 3Dconnexion pan and zoom behavior in Sketch mode

The update includes a new preference to use the legacy 3Dconnexion drivers for the experience of the previous integration between Fusion and 3Dconnexion devices. If you have an older device, it should be supported by the Legacy driver setting in Fusion.

Note: This will also remove the newest features like constrained orbit, and advanced button customization features, but only temporarily. We are currently working with 3Dconnexion on a solution for the sketch pan/zoom behavior that is intended to provide both the latest functionality as well as options for sketch behavior.

To get the latest build:

1. Restart Fusion 360
  2. Watch the Job Status indicator
  3. When complete, click Restart Fusion

To get the Legacy driver option:

1. Open Preferences
  2. Click the dropdown next to SpaceMouse driver
  3. Select Legacy
  4. When prompted, restart Fusion

PhilE_1-1639515557247.png

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 17 of 30
MAS.DPL

Thanks for improvements.

Question: the new behaviour is NOT to allow 3D rotation/orbit via spacemouse when in sketch. Can this be an option ? (workaround is to press shift and middle mouse button). 

Message 18 of 30
Phil.E
in reply to: MAS.DPL

We are currently working with 3Dconnexion on a solution for the sketch pan/zoom behavior that is intended to provide both the latest functionality (like constrained orbit and Fusion 360 command support) as well as options for sketch behavior (to turn off/on the pan/zoom behavior).

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
in reply to: Phil.E

Thanks. A big atta boy for everyone who got this resolved so fast.
##- Plea b se type your reply above this line -##
Message 20 of 30
Anonymous
in reply to: Phil.E

Thanks to all who got this issue resolved so quickly!!

Works as stated with legacy driver. 
Awsome!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report