Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nurbs API bug

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dalton.messmer
357 Views, 4 Replies

Nurbs API bug

Hello,
I found what appears to be a bug affecting the NurbsSurface::getData(…) method in the C++ API (I haven’t tested the Python API).

In the attached “NurbsSurfaceVase.f3d” file, there is one NURBS surface, and when its getData(…) method is called, it returns a different value for properties V than calling the propertiesV() method does. I compared it to the value the Inventor API provides for .ipt version of the same file, and it seems that it’s the getData(…) method which is returning the incorrect value. I am using the propertiesV() method now as a workaround, so this bug doesn’t affect me, but it likely affects other users.

I do not know if other data returned by the getData(…) method is also invalid, but it does often return significantly fewer control points, knots, and weights than the Inventor API does for the same model. This is not something I have looked into very closely yet.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

It looks like another user noticed this already a couple years ago:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-api-and-scripts/incorrect-propertiesu-and-propertiesv-from...

While I haven't tried to reproduce the bug recently, it was still present in Fusion 360 as recently as four months ago which is when I first noticed it. Is this something that is planned to be fixed?

Message 3 of 5

I don’t see an participation from Autodesk in the thread you linked to, so I am going to tag @Phil.E 

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
Phil.E
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Thanks everyone for reporting this.

Logged as FUS-138770.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
KrisKaplan
in reply to: dalton.messmer

FYI: This issue should have been fixed since the January release. Sorry for the delay in updating.

Kris

Kris Kaplan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report