Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-stop spinning cursor

31 REPLIES 31
SOLVED
Message 1 of 32
patmat2350
1836 Views, 31 Replies

Non-stop spinning cursor

No problems with freezing, all functionality seems fine. But frequently after some op or another, the cursor never stops spinning, doesn't return to an arrow. I can still pick items, but it's annoying as all get out. Sometimes it magically goes back to normal, otherwise I need to restart F360.

????

31 REPLIES 31
Message 2 of 32
gtprototype
in reply to: patmat2350

Not an intuitive change at all.  When I first saw it I tried to wait for it to go away before finally giving up and trying to work through it.  Additionally it's not very convienient selecting something with a spinning circle vs a pointer.  

Dale Speakes
prototype technology
Message 3 of 32
patmat2350

F360 Team: Nothing? 

Message 4 of 32
TrippyLighting

@Phil.E I can confirm this rather annoying behavior.

Seems to be happening much more on my work computer than on my home computer, both up-to-date OS Windows machines.

EESignature

Message 5 of 32
patmat2350

There are a couple of click actions that seem to stop it for me. One is hiding/unhiding any object in the tree.

Message 6 of 32
bentwookie

FWIW, although I first noticed this on Windows, it also happens on the Mac. Not the proper OS "beach ball" but a black and white spinner. 

Message 7 of 32
BrienKing

Yes, I am experiencing this as well.   On Windows it's the standard "busy" cursor that someone forgot to set back to "default" in the code.   Please fix this.  It is super annoying!

Brien King
spammehere@arcaderestoration.com
http://www.arcaderestoration.com
Message 8 of 32
karina.harper

Hey all,

This is a known issue that we are tracking internally as FUS-140931. Thanks for reporting - hopefully we can get this fixed soon.

Karina

Karina Harper

Software QA Engineer, Fusion 360

Fusion 360 Webinars | Contact Support | EDU Support | Support Board Best Practices

Message 9 of 32
lewnworx
in reply to: karina.harper

@karina.harper 

FWIW, been having this issue pretty much non stop.

Also, and I don't know when this happened, but in one of the more recent releases, the cursor itself has change (at least on the Mac side).    I'm almost 60, post cataract, and generally have a tough time seeing the thing in general.   At the OS level I've beefed up the size and the colors to make it easier to spot.   

That doesn't help in fusion though as while it respects the cursor size (least as far as I can tell) what it doesnt' do is make the "micro icons" that indicate the snap type any easaier t see:

fusion cursor.png

That pretty much vanishes on a 4K display and it's lack of color contrast makes it almost impossible to spot, let alone recognize amidst a mess of busy geometry in a semi complex sketch.

Is there any way possible to either up the size (and preferably change the color) somehow?   Or if not that is there a cursor resource file we could edit to change the various cursors to make the snap type indication more pronounced?

Thanks.

Tags (4)
Message 10 of 32
ArcAiN6
in reply to: lewnworx

Why is this marked as solved??? It's absolutely not. the issue persists.

Honestly.. i can't with F360 anymore. Constant updates that seem to just add bloat, and not solve any "real" issues.
Every time i open this software, there's an update, followed by a series of issues that have persisted since day one.

-Complex geometry?? Nah, we're going to hang for eternity with no crash.
-Oh, you want to edit a sketch?? Nah... white screen if it's too far back in the timeline, irrespective of if it actually affects any geometry.
-There's an update, do you want us to restart now? no.. ok, we'll just sit here and spin your cursor until you do.. also.. every menu will be slow to load, or cause a hang to eternity. .good luck..

I see more time put into developing bugs, glitches, and hangs, all at the same time as requesting exorbitant subscription fees...

It seems to me, 99% of the issues this software has is C-Suit's addiction to buzzwords.. **Waves hands mystically and mutters "THE CLOUD**

Honestly.. stop trying to shuffle every aspect of this software to the cloud. Stop adding useless features no one asked for, or wanted, until you fix the issues already on your plate. Make the thing STABLE before you add more bloat to it.
(don't even get me started on the nonsensical "scale factor" *feature*

Message 11 of 32
Technilamp
in reply to: karina.harper

If this is a known issue, why has it not been fixed yet? Is the fusion team working too hard on unwanted features and esthetics to get the software to work properly? My team and I are really getting annoyed with the ever changing fusion  philosophy, in  the early stages of fusion the software looked promising however the software became more unstable with every new update.

P.S. why was the support for pre win 11 operating systems dropped?(seemed to work faster and more stable on win 8.1 than win 11)

Message 12 of 32
TrippyLighting
in reply to: Technilamp

@Technilamp wrote:

... in  the early stages of fusion the software looked promising however the software became more unstable with every new update.

I cannot say that I experience this. Actually I find it quite the opposite!

I use Fusion every day for and have done so for almost a decade (it will be a decade in November).

Fusion has gotten substantially more stable over the years. For example I don't even remember when it crashed the last time!  

EESignature

Message 13 of 32
jhackney1972

I have been able to stop the constant hourglass icon, I will assume it is the same as a spinning cursor, is to open the Data Panel and simply pass my cursor over the Refresh icon at the top. 

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 14 of 32
Technilamp
in reply to: jhackney1972

The program used to be so easy and a pleasure to work with.......
I tried passing my cursor over the refresh icon (also clicked it), updated my nvidia drivers, updated windows, hide and un-hide components in the design tree, etc and nothing seems to work.
Having to restart Fusion every ten to fifteen minutes is starting to become more of a pain than the software is worth.

Do you know of a way to remove all updates as I think this might have something to do with my problem.

Message 15 of 32
TrippyLighting

@Technilamp wrote:

Do you know of a way to remove all updates as I think this might have something to do with my problem.

You can delay updates, but just to a certain point. I agree that this spinning cursor problem (happens on macOS and Windows) is very disruptive!

When a new update is pending, you can select Update Later.

I have not yet tried that, so I don't now what the result of clicking the button is:

TrippyLighting_0-1713438481020.png

@Technilamp wrote:

The program used to be so easy and a pleasure to work with.......

Aside from the spinning-cursor icon, what are your particular complaints?

If you can share those, that would probably help. I quite often report bugs and also limitations and misbehaviors, when I encounter them and often help other users with that.

EESignature

Message 16 of 32
Technilamp
in reply to: TrippyLighting

I have a laundry list of problems with the software that started after the late November 2023 update.

Probably the three most intrusive problems are the spinning cursor leading to the software hanging, Fusion minimizing to the taskbar during the complete sketch command (sometimes during a dimension command) as the attached video will show,

and the problem with dimension a "complex" sketch. I need to restart for the dimension to take effect.

Message 17 of 32
TrippyLighting

1. We already covered the spinning cursor. Agreed, this is very disruptive.

2. A main complaint has been in the past that Fusion remains in-focus during "heavy calculations".

That was "fixed" and now it moves to the background. I hope this is only a temporary fix until a better solution is available! 

This doesn't only happen during sketching, and in my work happens frequently. But it's not nearly as annoying as the spinning cursor.

3. That sketch is indeed complex. I personally reduce filleting, patterning, and mirroring in sketches to the absolute bare minimum. I use solid features to model this. If you are interested in sharing the part when done I can demonstrate how  this can be modeled faster and more robust with a much simpler sketch.

EESignature

Message 18 of 32
Technilamp
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Attached you will find the finished model. your help in getting the model done easier and quicker would be greatly appreciated.I do however find it curious that a software package that has functions included would prefer that the functions would not be used, one would think a package that gets updated as many times as Fusion would not have as many workarounds as updates.

Message 19 of 32

Not sure why this has been marked as solved. This has been my life 8 hours a day for the past 6 years just gotten progressively worse. 3 different brand fresh out of the box new macs. 2 Intel 1 M1. Sometimes it will be the BBOD, sometimes the little black/white BMW logo looking icon sometimes first the BBOD then BMW logo then back to BBOD.

Every few minutes. Click on a button > BBOD, Open the browser > BBOD, clicks on face to offset it > BBOD/BMW logo/BBOD.

Sometimes my cursor goes back after a second, sometimes I'll restart Fusion and it will still be a BMW logo for 10 minutes.

Autodesk's most dedicated bug reporter: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/15188348
Message 20 of 32
bentwookie

I don't think the bit where Fusion orders itself out on heavy compute is on purpose. For one, it doesn't happen on the Mac. Second, it doesn't really solve anything. We've always been able to minimize the window even when it's busy. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report