Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest Study causes crash

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
swellvans
227 Views, 1 Reply

Nest Study causes crash

Hi,

I have recently purchased the Nesting and Fabrication extension. When I try to even create a nest study, F360 shows a progress indication bar in the lower right hand corner that reads "Computing CreateComponent3" and stays stuck on 0%. My instance of F360 is hung and I cannot proceed with any action until I restart the application.

I am not sure what the issue is but have tried rolling back to a previous version of the file I am working from. No luck. I have restarted F360 multiple times and my machine. Internet connection is fine.

One thought occurred to me - do all the components within the file I am attempting to nest need to be flat/planar? The products I am designing are being designed within the model of a vehicle, so there are many complex small parts that I am not going to nest, but I have hidden them in the browser and have assumed that I can select which components to nest before F360 computes anything, but I cannot even get the dialog to open in order to create a study with this file. However, copying a small subsection of flat plywood parts into a new file will allow me to open the dialog.

Am I to understand that I need to always have only a small amount or only flat pieces within my file before I can even get to the nest study dialog box?

Other notes:

Installed on a M1 Mac Mini. Mac OS 11.4, F360 version 2.0.10564

F360 is licensed as a startup license

I have just purchased the extension today but I was in a trial

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
swellvans
in reply to: swellvans

I have fixed this issue, even though I still have no explanation of why...

Can this post be deleted please? There is no option on my side to remove it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report