Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move tool seems buggy?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
meteorcloud57
383 Views, 10 Replies

Move tool seems buggy?

When I try to say revolve a body with the Free move option it's very difficult now to select the desired handle just by clicking on it. Using the keyboard tab key will cycle through the move options though. Any clues please?

It's driving me nuts.

Screenshot (50).png

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
davebYYPCU
in reply to: meteorcloud57

Start Move, 

Set what to Move in Dialogue. (Body)

Select Body.

Click - Set Pivot.

Set Pivot Point and Confirm Pivot is set.

Move.

Might help...

Message 3 of 11
meteorcloud57
in reply to: davebYYPCU

Thanks for reply. 

If you see in the picture, clicking on say the revolve handle it's hit and miss whether it highlights to indicate that is selected. It may randomly select one of the other handles such as the XYZ arrows instead. It's only been acting like that very recently. It is behaving buggy on both my pc's.

Thanks again for the reply.

Message 4 of 11
davebYYPCU

Not repeatable here (yet)

Might help...

Message 5 of 11

Please create a screencast so we can see the behavior,

I cannot reproduce this on 2 rather different PCs and a 2017 MacBook Pro.

EESignature

Message 6 of 11

When I first started using Fusion (360) I was told by a very wise man " Don't use "Move" unless your life depends on it...and even then ...DON'T!"

I haven't always heeded his advice but having said that I didn't even know free move revolve was an option....Let me see if I can replicate after current task

Message 7 of 11

If only we all had access to a "very wise man" before we embarked on actions in life.
Message 8 of 11

Hi.

I've attached an MP4. Hopefully you can open it and see that when I'm trying to highlight a revolve handle or specific XYZ arrow by clicking on it, it invariably stays on it's existing direction indicator.  I've only recently had this tool behaving like this and youtube videos appear to show the tool behaving correctly. 

Grateful for any help with this.

Cheers

CC

Message 9 of 11

I can see the mouse cursor looking different than usual. Is that due to the screen recording software?

For example, in Fusion, the pointer does not change to a hand, or at least it's not supposed to.

EESignature

Message 10 of 11
duclevan

I have the same problem, cursor change to a hand. The move tool when inserting an SVG or a Canvas has the same buggy behavior. The bug appears after the update to the May 2024 version.

Message 11 of 11
meteorcloud57
in reply to: duclevan

I have reported it but they have yet to reply. It might be worth while you reporting it too so they know it's an issue.

Cheers

CC

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report