Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOVE command behaving badly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
monaro14
149 Views, 3 Replies

MOVE command behaving badly

hello everyone, about 6 weeks ago fusion did an update and not long after that i began to have some issues with MOVE, EXTRUDE and ROTATE.

i have been using fusion for about 2 years now and all of these commands have been fine.

also on my work comp i am not having this issue, i updated fusion on it today as well and it still works fine so it is to do with my computer interacting with fusion.

what is going on? so when i select MOVE and select a component i get the 3 arrows, 3 rotation things and the 3 little squares (i dont actually know what the squares do) anyway, on my comp i cannot without extreme effort select the arrow or rotate icons.

fusion tries to select everything i dont want, its very hard to describe.

its almost like an endless glitch where the thing next to the thing you are selecting always seems to be selected.

meanwhile on my work computer everything is fine, select MOVE, select object to move, select arrow or rotation, easy, do it all day.

does anyone have any ideas?.

fusion support has not been very useful, they just keep asking me to screen shot my display drivers which are pretty old but had worked until 6 weeks ago.

i am about ready to buy a new laptop at this stage

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CGBenner
in reply to: monaro14

@monaro1 

Hello, and welcome!

This sounds frustrating, and I'm sorry it's not going well!  I think you may want to actually think about the display drivers.  They worked up until the update, yes?  It is very possible that after the update they are no longer compatible.  So... sharing that information could help,.. and can't hurt.  🙂

I think the key thing for the Support people and those on this forum would be to share some comparison information between the computer that is working, and the one that isn't.  Maybe some clue will jump out at the experts, and they can offer you a solution.  In any case, I wish you good luck!

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 4
TrippyLighting

@monaro14 wrote:

i have been using fusion for about 2 years now and all of these commands have been fine.

what is going on? so when i select MOVE and select a component i get the 3 arrows, 3 rotation things and the 3 little squares (i dont actually know what the squares do) ...

The move command is best avoided to locate components! That's what joints are for.

If you can share a design that exhibits the problem, I am sure we can get this sorted out.

Also, if, as @CGBenner suggests' display drivers are a problem, then a screencast that shows undesirable behaviors can certainly help in pinpointing problems. I use OBS Studio for my screencasts.

BTW, the little squares allow you to move objects in a plane rather than just in one axis.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
CGBenner

@monaro1 Hello, do you still need help with this question?

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report