Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move a part of an existing iges file runs into "An existing fillet or chamfer could not be detected"

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
luc41923
208 Views, 1 Reply

Move a part of an existing iges file runs into "An existing fillet or chamfer could not be detected"

Hey there, i need some help. I got a iges file from thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4337337

But i need to move the platform like 2cm to a side while the legs stay where they are right now. 3.png

2.png

But if i mark this "platform" and move it to one side, i'll get

Error: An existing fillet or chamfer could not be detected.
Try suppressing or deleting existing fillets/chamfers before attempting the operation.
Error: An existing fillet or chamfer could not be detected.
Try suppressing or deleting existing fillets/chamfers before attempting the operation.

Can someone explain me step by step how i can achieve this and move the platform x mm or x cm to a specific side where the legs stays where the are right now? To be more clear, i want to move the platform to the right, so drill holes above line up with the drill holes at the bottom + 5mm.

So if you see the model from the side, it should look like this:

4.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jeff_strater
in reply to: luc41923

I assume that you are using Move Faces for this.  Move Faces works in kind of a 3 step process:

1. temporarily remove fillets and chamfers
  2. move the faces
  3. reapply the chamfers

it does this to try to preserve the design intent of those fillets/chamfers, and because the face move is easier on simpler geometry.  The error is indicating a problem in this process.  So, you can do like the error says and try removing the chamfers yourself (using Delete), and see if maybe you can do the Move Face operation, then manually re-apply the chamfers.  No guarantee that this will work, but you might be able to get farther this way.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report