Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mitre Cuts on a (Parametric) Frame

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
keith1
319 Views, 5 Replies

Mitre Cuts on a (Parametric) Frame

Hi everyone.

I'm new to F360 and still learning!  I'm getting somewhere but would like some help with the following...

I have a packing case design, driven by parameters. The basic 'plywood' carcass with dimensions for the length, width and height all working fine. I've only produced the base of the packing case so far and will eventually have a matching lid.

The problem I'm having is adding a frame of aluminium extrusions to the top edge of the carcass. These are made up of four individual sections (front, rear, left and right), each of which need to be mitred at 45 degrees as shown in the screenshot. The frame sections are made using a sketch profile then extruded. I've used the Split Body (from sketch triangles) to produce the mitres. It (sort of!) works but when the case's dimensions change, the mitres fail.  I think the problem is that I can't get the 'splitting' triangle sketches to move with the parameters of the carcass.

Is there an easier/better way to add these mitred frame sections?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
davebYYPCU
in reply to: keith1

Your method sounds right, I prefer to symmetrically Extrude to object, 

will need the file to see why your parameters are breaking, or not following the design intent.

Might help...

Message 3 of 6
keith1
in reply to: davebYYPCU

Thanks Dave,

I think I've found the solution....and it was easy (when you know how!). I used an 45 degree angled plane on each of the four carcass vertical edges, then used the split body for each section. Not sure this is the best way, but it produces what I need.

Apologies for the duplicate post. How can I delete the one to 'Forum 360 Support' (the one you commented "duplicate post")? 

Message 4 of 6
davebYYPCU

To eliminate the split body, remove setup, just extrude to the plane as mentioned.

Mark both with an Accepted solution with the information to alert future readers.

Might help.....

Message 5 of 6
g-andresen

Hi,

Take a look at this procedures

günther

Message 6 of 6
keith1
in reply to: g-andresen

Perfect.....the 'Draft' option works very well.  Thanks for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report