Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirror embossed text in existing component.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jdubois31
284 Views, 4 Replies

Mirror embossed text in existing component.

I have mirrored a component with embossed text on a conical surface. Of course the text is now mirrored. Is there an easy way to un-mirror the text? If not, is there an easy way to erase the embossing to put in new text?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jhackney1972
in reply to: jdubois31

The process I propose depends on your modeling method and if you Capture Design History (timeline).  Screencast will show what I mean.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 5
jdubois31
in reply to: jhackney1972

As soon as I read the bit about drawing history, I thought the solution would be obvious, like your solution. Unfortunately, I made the body into a component first and I can't select the text to exclude in the mirror. I'll keep working on this because I like your idea. Maybe I can rearrange a few other things in the history.
Message 4 of 5
hamid.sh.
in reply to: jdubois31

...is there an easy way to erase the embossing to put in new text?

Working with Design History on is most of the time much better so generally you should go with @jhackney1972 's suggestion. But in case you haven't there is still an easy solution for what you asked above. You can select the faces of embossed text and hit Delete on keyboard. Just be sure all (and only) the relevant faces are selected. Check this screencast. By the way this works whether or not you have design history.

Hamid
Message 5 of 5
jdubois31
in reply to: jhackney1972

So, this didn't work as shown, because I had made the body into a component and could no longer access the text individually. But, it gave me an idea; I deleted the body to component and moved the emboss after the mirror step. That gave me an unadorned mirror image. Also this was a complex part with hundreds of individual features so the select by feature may have been problematic. I still have to apply the forward text on the cone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report