Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mesh workspace missing - Startup License

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
changedsoul
7797 Views, 8 Replies

Mesh workspace missing - Startup License

Has the mesh workspace been removed, or not available to startup license? I uploaded an stl file, then opened that file.

The timeline it turned off, and I have Mesh workspace enabled in the preferences.

What else am I missing? Mesh workspace is not showing in the workspace drop down.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
changedsoul
in reply to: changedsoul

Ok, well I disabled the mesh workspace, then re-enabled it in preferences....I also disabled the UI preview.

The mesh is showing now in the workspace drop down.

Perhaps a bug with the UI preview?

Anyways, mesh workspace is not visible.

Message 3 of 9
jhackney1972

Please mark you forum post as solved to remove it from the consideration by others, and for others to use as a solution to the same issue.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 4 of 9
HughesTooling

Are you working with history disabled? If so the Mesh workspace has been moved to a tab in the new UI.

test.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
JetForMe
in reply to: HughesTooling

So, are Form and Mesh not available with Design History enabled? That's frustrating.

MacBook Pro, PCNC1100 Series 3, Slant-PRO 15L Lathe, Custom AvidCNC-based 4x9' CNC Router w/24k 4.5 kW HSD Spindle & Teknic SDSK Servos
Message 6 of 9
jeff_strater
in reply to: JetForMe

Both Form and Mesh are, indeed available in a parametric design.  However, they both have a feature that represents that data in the timeline.  In the case of Mesh, Insert Mesh will create that feature.  You then enter the Mesh environment by editing that feature.  In the case of Form, you must first create the Form feature, which takes you into the Form workspace.  You exit both similarly, using the Exit button.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 7 of 9
JetForMe
in reply to: jeff_strater

So, my design already has mesh bodies in it. The design was created by opening a file on the desktop (an .obj or .3dm) file). Those mesh bodies have since been moved and positioned, and I don't really want to discard all that work just because I have to insert them.

Is there no way to say "take this mesh body at the top of my document and put it into a mesh object?"

MacBook Pro, PCNC1100 Series 3, Slant-PRO 15L Lathe, Custom AvidCNC-based 4x9' CNC Router w/24k 4.5 kW HSD Spindle & Teknic SDSK Servos
Message 8 of 9
JetForMe

Ah, I misunderstood what you were saying. I see I can Edit the mesh entity, and that gives me mesh tools. Unfortunately, I don't see mesh to Brep anywhere.

Message 9 of 9
JetForMe

Even though you can edit a mesh like you say, you also can't use that to project points from the mesh onto a sketch.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report