Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mesh - generating face groups is very time consuming but doesn't appear to use full CPU potential

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jrichels20
125 Views, 1 Reply

mesh - generating face groups is very time consuming but doesn't appear to use full CPU potential

Hello.  A friend sent me a mesh model that has entirely rounded surfaces.  His seat is Free and I gather could not perform a mesh conversion, mine is paid.  The process of generating faces took a long time, several hours (I don't know exactly as it ran over-night).   I noticed that the processor utilization was not that high, less than 20% and only about 12GB of memory, that on a Ryzen 7 5800X (8 cores).  Is there any way to speed up this process?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TrippyLighting
in reply to: jrichels20

I don't think there is any way to speed this up.

Can you share a screenshot of the object?

If "mostly rounded surfaces" means "organic", then creating face groups is not needed.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report