Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can component colors be changed?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Julie_7
868 Views, 8 Replies

Can component colors be changed?

Fusion 360 provides helpful coloring of components in the browser and the timeline. This is a useful aid when finding things.

However, in the image below, the first pink features are part of a previously created component, and the pink features after the new component icon are part of that component. I think you will agree that they are a bit hard to differentiate.

Julie_7_0-1684115068538.png

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jhackney1972
in reply to: Julie_7

The video will show how to cycle the color of components.  I have no idea if it will be maintain for the life of the model but you can cycle it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 9
jhackney1972

If my Forum post solved your question, please select the "Accept Solution" icon to do three things. First it allows others to find a solution to a similar question, two, it closes the Forum post and last, it acknowledges that you accept the solution given. If you need further help, please ask.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 4 of 9
Julie_7

Is it possible that this is a feature not in the free version?
Here is my context menu:

Julie_7_0-1684718209356.png

I tried multiple designs, multiple component and none of them had the cycle colors option.

Message 5 of 9
jeff_strater

Pretty sure this is part of the Personal version.  A couple of things:

• You have to have a Component selected (can't tell from the image, as it is behind the menu)
  • Component Color Cycling has to be on for this menu item

Screenshot 2023-05-21 at 7.10.26 PM.png

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 6 of 9
jhackney1972

The Cycling of Component Color is available in the Fusion 360 Personal License as well as the Subscription License.  Since you did not show a full screen capture showing what you were Right Mouse button clicking on, I cannot tell what you were doing.  Here is proof, from my Personal License, that the Component Color Cycling is available.

Component Cycling.png

John Hackney
Retired

Message 7 of 9
Julie_7

I would think that I am loosing my mind if I had not posted the screen capture above that shows the cycle component color option missing. Like I said I checked multiple designs, multiple components and never saw it. I only posted part of the context menu, with the part where the option showed in your post, because I was just trying to keep the post shorted without such a large image.

I just checked today, and here it is.

Julie_7_0-1684879999719.png

Again, I check multiple designs, some read-only and other editable and multiple components active and not and the option is there in every case.

Back to the design the I used for the image of the timeline in my original post.

Julie_7_1-1684880113825.png

and after cycling the color

Julie_7_2-1684880146101.png

Thanks for sticking with me through the "twilight zone".

Message 8 of 9
Julie_7
in reply to: jhackney1972

Another thanks John. It is so much easier to work with the timeline now that I do not have components that look like the same color to me.
Message 9 of 9
c_vogelaar
in reply to: jhackney1972

On my macbook this doesn't seem to work. I see the color changing next to the little eye logo next to the component. But not the component itself.. I can not figure out why it doesn't work, seems like a bug on my Macbook? Anyone else with the same issue?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report