Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass showing as blank in Fusion 360 Drawing

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
jldriggers75
925 Views, 16 Replies

Mass showing as blank in Fusion 360 Drawing

When I opened my drawings the mass in the parts list started showing up as blanks. How can I fix this?

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
jhackney1972
in reply to: jldriggers75

The attached DWG file seems to be blank.  Please attach your native Fusion 360 model instead of a DWG.  If you do not know how to attach your model, open it in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save the file to your hard drive. In a Reply post, use the Attachment section to attach your model. The file type should either be a F3D or F3Z extension type.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 17
jldriggers75
in reply to: jhackney1972

Ok, I'll attach a much smaller file. The 3D model I used was huge and it's happening to all my drawing sheets. Thanks so much for your help.

Message 4 of 17
jhackney1972

I see your problem but I do not have a solution right now.  I did take one or two components, from your assembly, and made drawings of them individually and the mass in the Parts List did appear.  Still together, the mass is missing.  I will continue to look at this, hopefully someone else will have some other input. 

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 5 of 17
jldriggers75

I can tell you it started after the latest update a day or so ago.

Message 6 of 17
jhackney1972

I have the same version of Fusion 360 as you and I do not see the issue with my assemblies.  In yours, if all components are eliminated, except for the two pieces of channel, the Parts List Mass works.  I do not have an answer for the rest of the components.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 7 of 17
jldriggers75

Could it be anything in settings or preferences? I just completed a clean design and I'm getting the same thing.

Message 8 of 17
jhackney1972

I have this feeling that is is a flaw in Fusion 360.  Other reports are showing up on the Forum.  Here is one.  I am finding that this issue occurs on newer models as I do not see it on older assemblies.

@ClintBrown3D, can you have a look at this, Thanks

John Hackney
Retired

Message 9 of 17
ClintBrown3D

Hi everyone

I’m sorry to hear that you are having trouble, I've asked the team to have a look.

Please share downloadable links to your affected drawings, so that I can ask the team to investigate this, or if it is sensitive, feel free to send it directly to me Clint. Brown {a} Autodesk.com 

Your files help us find and fix the issue.

cc: @Pramod.kadam @-KyleWilliams- @nemadec 

Message 10 of 17
jldriggers75
in reply to: ClintBrown3D

I'll post the files shortly.
Message 11 of 17
jldriggers75

I have attached (4) files, model and drawing, before and after the problem showed up. PS01A is before, PS27 is after. Since there is a max upload there will be 2 replys. If you need any additional information please let me know.

Message 12 of 17
jldriggers75

PDF drawing files.

Message 13 of 17
ClintBrown3D

Hi @jldriggers75 

Thanks for sharing, I will pass this on to the team to investigate. 

cc: @Pramod.kadam @nemadec 

Message 14 of 17
jldriggers75

The tank cradle files are actually the last model I completed.
Message 15 of 17
jldriggers75

@ClintBrown3D 

I found 2 other issues.

1. The "Reference Angle" option has gone missing in the drawing command.

2. When I try to "Save Copy As", a new file is created in the data panel but when I open the new file it is blank. I have attached (3) files. Main file - SUPPORT STRUCTURE,  File saved before update - LOWER STAIR, File I tried to save this morning that is blank - MID STAIR.

Message 16 of 17
ClintBrown3D

Hi @jldriggers75 

Thanks for reporting these:

• The Ref Angle issue has just been fixed, It's my understanding that you will see an update in the coming days, which will address this.
  • For "Save Copy As", I've asked the team to have a look. Thanks for sharing the files. 

cc: @nemadec @-KyleWilliams- @Pramod.kadam 

Message 17 of 17
Pramod.kadam

Hi @jldriggers75 ,

1. Please update the Fusion to 2.0.16486 version, The reference option is available now in the Rotate command.

2. Regrading Save as: The files which you have shared are only design files (without drawings). Are you talking about save as on design files or drawing files? I tried 'Save as' on both design and drawings on my end, it works perfectly fine.

Please try again at your end and let me know.

Thanks,

Pramod Kadam
Product Owner
Fusion 360 Drawings

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report