Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March 2020 Update: 3d sketch line, offset problem

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
267 Views, 1 Reply

March 2020 Update: 3d sketch line, offset problem

Hello all,

With these updates one may fall behind. Work is work and we do not have enough time to keep up on tutorials it seems. So pardon me if this is a stupid question since I was working on a sketch/model just the other day and felt this was a cool feature to try out.

So I have two "sketchs"  and have some bodies created off the one sketch. In the sketch the bodies show up in I wanted to draw a line from one body to the other using the 3d sketch checkbox under the sketch palette. I did that, but then I wanted to offset line, to then trim at a meeting point so then it creates a surface to extrude and make a solid from(making a steel beam at at angle between to other beams) . However I cannot offset no matter what I try. Is this a UCS thing or a sketch vs model thing?

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jeff_strater
in reply to: Anonymous

offset is a 2D-only operation.  It will not work on 3D geometry.  It is possible that this will change in the future, but a 3D offset is more complex, so I would not expect it for a while...

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report