Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loft issue

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
brentpotts99
539 Views, 4 Replies

Loft issue

Hello,

Here's my project. I've extruded a cross section of a window frame, and joined the corners at a 45 degree angle.

Doing so required me to first split a body using a plane at an angle, then joining that with the horizontal lower part of the frame.

It was mostly successful, but could somebody explain what is going on in the screenshot, please? I'm trying to clean up the body and make the surfaces continuous (at least up until the 45 degree angle seam). You can see the segment that was lofted between the two. Not sure how to resolve this. The reason I'd like to clean this up is because of my final step when I convert it to a mesh body. 

screenshot1.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
davebYYPCU
in reply to: brentpotts99

Without the file, can't see the detail under the red arrows.

Why Loft?

Sweep with the correct path will do a complete frame.

If you tried that, then split body failed, you have to cut the frame in two locations at the same time for that to work.

FrameSplit.PNG

In the pic, the frame has already been split on the left, with the right angle sketch lines for the mitre, and

the right hand side is ready for the OK button

Will need to check the file to be more accurate with your problem...

Might help.....

Message 3 of 5
brentpotts99
in reply to: davebYYPCU

Thanks for the suggestion!

I'll have to look into the sweep function, as it is probably more efficient than the way I'm doing it now.

I would share the file except I'm under a NDA.  I could only show a little bit of just a picture. But I think you gave me what I was looking for, so thank you. 

Message 4 of 5

Sweep.

Can’t you create a simple dummy file that exhibits the Design Intent without including any proprietary data?

Message 5 of 5

You're right, and I didn't even think about that. I could have also just created another simple example too. Eh, blonde moment. 

It's ok though, I think I've mastered the sweep tool. I'm good to go. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report