Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June 2021 update killed my model: most joints now broken

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mark8A56D
240 Views, 2 Replies

June 2021 update killed my model: most joints now broken

Usually, cloud updates are great. Other times not so much: the latest drop from  Jun 26 has fully broken my design. I'm dead in the water and need a hot fix urgently.

Prior to the latest update, my design was saved with zero errors in the timeline. The same design, loaded in the latest Fusion 360 version, breaks most joints with the error "Position calculation failed due to initialization error". Can someone from Autodesk have a look? If you can run the prior Fusion version, I expect you'd quickly see that my model works fine there, but not in the latest (v2.0.10356). I can't post my model publicly but can DM a shared link.

Problem occurring on macOS Catalina. It's consistent across my iMac 2013 and MacBook Air 2015.

Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeff_strater
in reply to: mark8A56D

@mark8A56D - yes, please, we would like to take a look at your design.  Hopefully, you have not saved the design after the update, because we can definitely try opening it with an older version to see how it behaves.  This would be extremely valuable to us if we have a case that did work fine in the old version, but fails now.  Feel free to send me the share link via DM.  I can assure you we will only use it to debug this issue.  Thanks.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 3
mark8A56D
in reply to: jeff_strater

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for getting back to me and having a look. I'll send a model link via DM.

I saved 2 revisions (v52, v53) since the problem started; this is me restarting Fusion and switching platforms trying to suss the problem. In those, the timeline was saved broken. If you load r51 however--the last "good" save--you'll see a clean timeline on load, then everything breaks with "Compute All".

Thanks,

Mark

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report