Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Emboss- Text not straight/cannot be straightened

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
zachary_demarco_h54328
263 Views, 3 Replies

Issues with Emboss- Text not straight/cannot be straightened

Good day everyone. I've worked with the emboss tool before with 0 issues, however, today I cannot say the same. I'm trying to emboss some basic text on a spherical object (single face). The loft succeeds as an operation, however instead of embossing the text straight across the object relative to the sketch, its creating an emboss that is curved in unpredictable ways. I'm at my wits here as I cannot find anything like this online, and again this has never occurred before. 

Any and all help is super appreciated. 

zachary_dema_0-1697192372902.png

zachary_dema_1-1697192392448.png

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Since Emboss will not work directly, make it a multi-step process.  You can vary the height of the raised letters is you like by editing the Surface Offset indicated below.  This of course is within reason.  Model is attached.

Ring.jpg

Change Letter Height.jpg

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4

If my Forum post solved your question, please select the "Accept Solution" icon to do three things. First it allows others to find a solution to a similar question, two, it closes the Forum post and last, it acknowledges that you accept the solution given. If you need further help, please ask. If you like to read why "Accept Solutions are important, take a look at this webpage.

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4

John,

Thanks so much for the response. While I have not tried your method, I can see from your photo that it did indeed work in a similar use case as mine, so I will be checking out your methodology. 
What I opted to do instead was to create a separate cylinder of similar nominal diameter, emboss that surface, and then remove the original cylinder via an extrude function, leaving only the text that I could use with a combine function on the original desired geometry. This worked well enough for my needs. 

Marking as solved. Have a great day!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report