Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues Generating Profile From SVG

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jdotson8
762 Views, 2 Replies

Issues Generating Profile From SVG

My project involves a lot of gears, and I needed a way of quickly positioning them. I wrote some software that figures out what gears I need and how to string them together to get the desired result. It then outputs an SVG of the gear profiles so they can be extruded in Fusion 360. The SVG (attached) is as simple as it gets, with a single continuous path representing the gear profile. When I import it into Fusion 360, it seems there are infinitely small gaps between some of the curves, which prevents me from being able to extrude the profile. I drew some lines to see where the breaks are, and it seems completely random. How can I import this as an extrudable profile? SVG is attached.

gear_fusion360.PNG

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeff_strater
in reply to: jdotson8

@jdotson8, I think this is a bug in Fusion.  My usual debugging techniques are showing some weird behaviors.  For instance, this area is not recognized:

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 6.35.11 PM.png

but moving down the horizontal line makes this area suddenly recognized:

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 6.35.37 PM.png

I will file a bug on this.  In the meantime, you can make the profile work by adding some lines to the sketch.  This is the minimum I was able to achieve:

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 6.49.28 PM.png

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 3

Hello @jdotson8 

I just wanted to update you on the issue you found. The development team have now fixed the bug. The fix should be going into the July Release. We would like to thank you again for letting us know of this bug.
Your time and patience are deeply appreciated.

Thanks,
Sameer Babar.
Autodesk Fusion Team.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report