Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert Derive Function not working

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
fehrforgeworks
221 Views, 3 Replies

Insert Derive Function not working

Hi there, I'm trying to insert derives into other files and most files seem to not work, some itll let me insert the derives. I do this quite a lot, and I've tried with new and old files and it seems to me that the vast majority of files won't allow me to insert. 

When I click insert derive it lets me choose which file to open, so I choose that and click the body, however the "ok" button is greyed out and won't let me attach the file. Any ideas why it suddenly works for some and not all files? This is since the last update, and I've tried on old files that I have used the insert derive feature with before without issues. Thanks for any help that you can offer!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Please attach the model you are trying to DERIVE FROM to your post.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4

I tried about 30 different files, all of them ones I have derived from before and only 2 were able to be inserted. I am embarrassed to say I didnt think to remove the software and re download it which seems to have helped solve my issues as I haven't noticed any issues since then.

Message 4 of 4

Are you sure you NEED to derive components, or would a linked component/assembly work as well?

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report