Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.idw/.ipt/.iam to .step

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
FLEXINGROUP
946 Views, 4 Replies

.idw/.ipt/.iam to .step

Hello, i need to convert my old projects, which were done in Inventor, so format is .idw/.ipt/.iam in .step/.dwg to open in my current program Fusion 360.

If isn't possible, can i sent my file .idw to anybody of your support team, to convert to .step via Inventor?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
HughesTooling
in reply to: FLEXINGROUP

Do you have a commercial licence for Fusion? If you have you can upload .ipt and .iam files using Fusion's data panel. Just create a project in the data panel and select Upload with the project open.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
FLEXINGROUP
in reply to: HughesTooling

Hi Mark, thanks for your response. Yes, I have a commercial license. 
I solved the problem with importing .ipt files, I probably tried to open a damaged file, so I tried to open another one and it works.
As for the .iam format, it's probably an assembly, so when I try to open it, there's a problem, which you can see in the attached file, because I probably don't have all the components that contain this assembly. 

Schermata 2021-03-03 alle 12.40.05.png

But how can i open a drawings format .idw?

Message 4 of 5
HughesTooling
in reply to: FLEXINGROUP

Yes for 

@FLEXINGROUP wrote:

As for the .iam format, it's probably an assembly, so when I try to open it, there's a problem, which you can see in the attached file, because I probably don't have all the components that contain this assembly. 

For assembly designs you do need all associated designs for the import to work. I'm afraid there's no way to import 2d drawings into the drawing workspace. You can import DWG\DXF files but only into the design workspace, so not the same as importing into the 2d drawing workspace.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
FLEXINGROUP
in reply to: HughesTooling

Thanks, have a nice day!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report