Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge lag in Fusion 360

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
YourDirector
1695 Views, 10 Replies

Huge lag in Fusion 360

I've been using Fusion 360 for a few years and love it.

Up until June last year I was running it on my computer (With an i7 8700, GTX 1060 6Gb, and 32GB RAM, running Win10) and it generally dealt with everything great.

Then in June I built a new computer featuring:

• i7 12,700k
  • RTX 3080 12GB
  • 64GB RAM
  • and with my C drive, additional installs drive, and my primary documents drive all being M.2 SSDs
  • Window 11

With this new computer it deals with high intensity things really well (editing 8k footage, playing games on full end specs etc).

However, in Fusion 360, I get some seriously horrible lag.

My mouse cursor responds quickly and as it should, but everything else it should be interacting with lags behind horribly, even on relatively simple designs. Here's a short screen recording of it, but it gets a lot worse than this. When doing so my CPU, GPU, and RAM usage each never exceeds 30% and averages more around 15-20%. (And my drive usage is so low it's generally between 0 and 2%).

I've done all maintenance I can think of on my computer (all drivers and software are up to date, all peripheral firmware is up to date, hell, I even updated my BIOS). As a result, I'm starting to think it's to do with Fusion 360, but I'm confused as on my older far less powerful system I never had this issue with the same projects.

Does anyone have any idea of a fix for this, or is there some hidden setting I've missed for optimising the software for my hardware?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Are you using a 3DConnexion device? If yes, are you Calibrating each morning at the start of park session?

Message 3 of 11

I could, but as I mentioned, this happens on even simple files. This isn't specific to a particular project, it's even present when I start a completely new project with nothing else open.

Message 4 of 11

Sorry, on my phone right now and missed the second part of your message.

I'm not, just the G502 Logitech mouse. But it's not mouse lag as like I mentioned (and shown in the video) the cursor is moving at the right speed, but everything else lags behind it 

Message 5 of 11

Hello @YourDirector ,

Can you please mention if you are using multiple monitors? if yes can you disconnect one and use Fusion in main monitor and see if you still face issues?

Thanks!

Mohammed Adam Ali
Sr. SW Eng. Test
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 11

Hey @mohammed.aliTDPXK,

I am using 2x monitors (1x 1440p Ultra wide, and 1x 1080p).

I've just unplugged my secondary monitor so I'm just using the one and still get the same impact.

However, I was using the same monitor setup on my old less powerful computer and never had these issues.

Message 7 of 11
YourDirector
in reply to: YourDirector

So I managed to figure out the problem. It turns out it was nothing to do with AutoDesk, but to do with how Windows 11 has divided some power settings into different places.
If your computer is lagging and running super slow (despite being more than powerful enough for the task at hand), even though nothing is being heavily utilised, check your power options in BOTH control panel, and settings and ensure there isn't a low-power, energy saving, or eco mode turned on, as this will be throttling your components power!
Make sure you check the power mode in control panel first as if you have an eco mode selected here it can limit the power options shown in the completely separate 'Settings' menu.

Message 8 of 11

@YourDirector Thank you for sharing this. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 9 of 11

Good evening 🙂

6/July/2024

I have checked power levels and these are set to 100%

Activity which i am guessing references the cloud is very poor eg, just trying to delete text in a dialog is awful

Regards Andrew

Message 10 of 11
sandaeson
in reply to: YourDirector

so im currently trying to stitch 2 surfaces together... a disc to the end of an extrusion body.... the mouse wheel was, and still is spinning as I write this.... wait.... yup still spinning.... a simple task, as is 'move' in any other CAD package, Fusion is like learning how to write with your other hand whilst driving down the wrong side of the road, trying to text whilst drving with wet fingers.... I wanted to implement Fusion into our workplace, I was given the green light to test it... So far its been a massive coffee break to wait for it to launch, then open or import a file.... Im embarrased, and so should Autodesk be.... 

@sandaeson -this post has been edited due to Community Rules & Etiquette violation

Message 11 of 11

@sandaeson Are you seeing delays/performance while using the surface commands or it there a lag to use the product for any command? 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report