Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export dwg of a flat pattern cone w/ a hole in it?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
flowers.david
261 Views, 3 Replies

How to export dwg of a flat pattern cone w/ a hole in it?

I created a cone and I'm able to process it as a flat pattern. The problem arises when I try to make a hole in the cone. It looks fine after flattening it but when I try to export it as a dwg I get an error message. What am I doing wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Please attach the model you are working with.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section of a forum post to attach it.

Attachment.jpg

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4

I went ahead and created a sheet metal cone and place a hole in it.  I did a Screencast showing the process of creating a DWG of the flat pattern from it.  I do not know what Fusion 360 license type you have but I do not thing you can export a DWG from the drawing using a Personal license.

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4

Thank you for the reply.  I think I figured out the problem. Since my pipe isn't perpendicular to the surface of the cone, The hole isn't a straight cut so the program has a hard time developing it. I used surface to cut the part after i flattened it to get a straight cut. This seemed to solve the problem. I couldn't think of another way to flaten the edge like a real piece of plate would be. This program is really different to my visual cadd 6 program.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report