Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to curve mesh surface

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
feldman_itai01
253 Views, 5 Replies

How to curve mesh surface

Hi, I'm dealing with a topographic surface I opened in Fusion 360 and can not seem to bend it. I want to display the topographic surface on to the curved surface. 

Screen Shot 2024-03-01 at 12.00.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2024-03-01 at 11.59.45 AM.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Please attach your model so the Forum users can take a look at what you have and need to do. 

If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 6

thank you I added the link

Message 4 of 6

The form you show, which I assume, you would like to form the topographical to is conical.  I do not know how to bend a mesh to this shape, I can only do cylindrical.  I have done this to match an approximate average of the top and bottom radii.  The model was too large to attach after I worked on it so I am sharing it back using my Dropbox account.  Here is the link. If you want it please download it as soon as possible since I am limited in my available space and will remove it in a day or two.  I am returning it as a F3Z file, the same as you sent to me,  so you will have to upload it to the cloud to open it.

Bent Topo.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 5 of 6

Awesome, thank you so much for your help. Could you please explain how you curved it so I know for the future?

Message 6 of 6

In your model, the body created from the mesh, is very complex and takes a good deal of time to update during the process.  I used the same technique to bend your model as outlined in this Blog Article and Video so I will use it to explain.  In this article I show the process to curve a flat body and also the reverse, from a curved body to a flat one.  I think it will give you all the information you need.

John Hackney
Retired

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report