Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing a Fusion 360 generated DWG into Solidworks?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
b_krueger_work
225 Views, 3 Replies

Importing a Fusion 360 generated DWG into Solidworks?

Good afternoon,

Does anyone know if Solidworks has compatibility issues importing a dimensioned DWG file from fusion 360?  I have an individual that can import the drawings, but the dimensions aren't transferring over into solid works.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

You probably stand the best chance of success by exporting as 'Simplified DWG':

MRWakefield_0-1709335154395.png

I've just tested it with SW 2022 and it seemed to come through ok.

If this answers your question please mark the thread as solved as it can help others find solutions in the future.
Marcus Wakefield

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I've created a Windows application for creating custom thread files for Fusion. You can find out about it here. Hope you find it useful.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Message 3 of 4

Since I don't have Solidworks on my desk top right now, can you tell me if the "simplified" DWG file format imports into Solidworks with the drawing and dimensions?  I am just wondering if I am losing any detail with the "Simplified" format.

Thanks!

Brian

Message 4 of 4

@b_krueger_work wrote:

Since I don't have Solidworks on my desk top right now, can you tell me if the "simplified" DWG file format imports into Solidworks with the drawing and dimensions?  I am just wondering if I am losing any detail with the "Simplified" format.

Thanks!

Brian

Yep, as I said: I did test it 😉

MRWakefield_0-1709338237301.png

If this answers your question please mark the thread as solved as it can help others find solutions in the future.
Marcus Wakefield

I've created a Windows application for creating custom thread files for Fusion. You can find out about it here. Hope you find it useful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report