Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generative Design Outcomes: Save, Export, Animate

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1174 Views, 2 Replies

Generative Design Outcomes: Save, Export, Animate

Hi there, these queries relate to Generative Design outcomes in Fusion 360.

1. When I generate designs, save and close the file, and then reopen, the Gen Design solutions are no longer available. Is there a way to access previously generated solutions without having to save every model as an stl?

2. I would like to download a large number of my models to render them in one scene. Is there a more efficient and less RAM-intensive option than saving each as an stl and then importing them into one file?

3. How does one create an animation of the model being created as one can view when hovering over the timeline of any given model?

Example from Philippe Starck at 0:56 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CbcF8KB0zQ

Thank you very much in advance!

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mohammed.aliTDPXK
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous ,

I tried to answer your queries below.

1. When you generate the outcomes, access all the generated outcomes from the Explore option available on the ribbon bar. Once you Open any outcome, you will have an option to save it as mesh or as CAD model.
Refer the below tutorial for exploring outcomes.

https://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/courses/AP-GD-EXPLORE-OUTCOMES

2. For now I guess you need to save each mesh models from outcome one by one. 

3. Right now we dont have an option to animate the iterations. The animation shared in video may be developed in some other tool.

Mohammed Adam Ali
Sr. SW Eng. Test
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
Willzdesigns
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report