Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generative Design Error - Says contact Technical Support

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Aadithya01
172 Views, 3 Replies

Generative Design Error - Says contact Technical Support

Hi, 

I am currently using the generative design interface with a boundary condition for creating a part which is to be manufactured using 2-Axis cutting methods and have accordingly chosen the Manufacturing conditions for a generic steel grade material. 

While solving it throws an error as shown below and stops doing the iterations. 

Gen_design_Error.png

The below attached file contains the Fusion file with the boundary conditions. 

Looking forward for resolving this issue. 

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CGBenner
in reply to: Aadithya01

@Aadithya01 

Hi.  I am hopeful that someone may offer you some suggestions here in this forum, but have you also contacted Support within Fusion itself to raise a case?  See my image below.  When you click the link by the arrow, scoll to the bottom of the page to contact Support.  Good luck!!

CGBenner_0-1630679156290.png

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 4
Aadithya01
in reply to: CGBenner

Hi @CGBenner , 

Thankyou so much for your reply. 

I was able to find out the issue. The preserve geometries I had didn't meet the 2-Axis requirements which caused the error. I will go-ahead and will close the support case. 

Message 4 of 4
Ben-Weiss
in reply to: Aadithya01

Hi @Aadithya01,

I'd like to chime in on this; I think your setup should be fine for a 2-axis solve (and I helped design the 2-axis constraint).

I ran the study in the f3d you attached in your original message, and I believe the issue is with one of your obstacles. Generative design doesn't like cases where you have an obstacle body that has a cavity that completely encloses the design space:

BenWeiss_0-1631582003997.png

Your goal is to constrain the generative design so it stays entirely inside your selected design space (the cavity inside the obstacle), but it turns out that triggers a bug on our side (we're working on a fix, but it's not going to be ready soon).

The workaround is to break the obstacle into two pieces that still completely surround the space where you want your final design to live, but do it in two bodies (like a food storage container with a lid on top and a five-walled container underneath). The two bodies can touch each other or even intersect; they just have to be separate bodies to avoid the back-end issue.

As an alternative, since 2-axis solves will never grow above the top plane or below the bottom plane of your preserves, you could only add the obstacle around the sides, like this:

BenWeiss_1-1631582194387.png

When I ran this model, it did not hit the issue. It still produced a pretty heavy design, effectively using the entire design space, so you might want to lower the loads or drop the factor of safety to get more interesting results.

If you do get the 2-axis setup wrong, it should just produce strange-looking results, not an error like you saw with this case.

Thanks for using the 2-axis constraints, and holler if you run into any more issues!

Ben

Ben Weiss
Senior Research Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report