Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gears - Motion joints

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
jpadirl
236 Views, 9 Replies

Gears - Motion joints

I have 2 gears 33 & 15 teeth designed in Fusion, I have set up as built joints on each shaft and a motion link between both gears.

1) gears will rotate individually but will not mesh and not turn together. I can rotate them individually by going to joint and click to revolute & Animate joint or Animate Joint Relationships.

2) I cannot rotate gear by dragging cursor.

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Phil.E
in reply to: jpadirl

Thanks for posting the question.

Can you post a link to the design so I can look at it? 

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 10
jpadirl
in reply to: Phil.E

https://a360.co/3LuGskq

Hope this helps

Message 4 of 10
jhackney1972

Your Share cannot be Downloaded either because you have a Fusion Personal License or you forgot to check the "Download" option in the Share command, I suspect the license reason.  We still need the model so use this method to attach it.

Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 5 of 10
jpadirl

Hope this works 

Thanks for help

Message 6 of 10
jpadirl
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thank you very much

JP

Message 7 of 10
jhackney1972

In your model you have two gear BODIES, not Components plus a lot of other problems especially with assembly Joints.  Because of this, you cannot achieve what you desire.  I converted your gear Bodies to Components and created a new assembly and created the Motion Link you desire.  This model is attached.

Geae Bodies.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 8 of 10
jpadirl

Thank you very much for your time.

Components seems to have been the biggest part of my problem.

I found your comment about other issues interesting, if you ever have the time to list I would very much appreciate hearing them.

Thanks again.

JP

Message 9 of 10
jhackney1972

You asked me to further comment on your assembly so I did a video of the "best" reconstruction I could  do without modeling the whole thing again.  The main thing that I could not do was to move the body sketches under the component they belong to.  Normally, when you create a component you activate it before doing any sketches, features or bodies.  This will place all these entities under the component and keep your Browser tree very clean.  Model is attach that I created during the video.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 10 of 10
jpadirl

To:    jhacknet1972,

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to make the video which explained it all in such detail and clarity.

I am going to make the model as you describe and save for reference.

Many thanks 

JP

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report