Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion freezes when posting to network share

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
JJackrabbit
211 Views, 4 Replies

Fusion freezes when posting to network share

Hi

I'm running 2 machines. Both connected to the network.

For one machine I post directly on the shared folder which is located on the machine.

For the second machine I post to a local folder on my PC.

What happens is the following.

Once the machine is off (with the shared folder) and I try to post a program.

Fusion wants to reach this shared folder on the machine. Since that's the default location where I save/post programs to for that specific postprocessor/machine. But the machine is off and the folder can't be reached.

So when I post a program and that specific machine is off. Fusion will freeze for +/- 30 seconds before it shows the post dialog. I think it will try to connected to the shared folder (which is offline/machine is off). And will cause a timeout before knowing the folder isn't reachable. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
GeorgeRoberts
in reply to: JJackrabbit

Good afternoon,

Can you clarify if you are using NC programs or the legacy post processing dialog? If you're using NC programs, this checkbox in 'preview features' in your preferences will be off.: 

GeorgeRoberts_0-1646745979363.png

-

George Roberts

Manufacturing Product manager
If you'd like to provide feedback and discuss how you would like things to be in the future, Email Me and we can arrange a virtual meeting!
Message 3 of 5
JJackrabbit

I'm using NC Programs.

If I switch back to Legacy it works fine without issues

Message 4 of 5
GeorgeRoberts

Thanks for clarifying. I have been able to reproduce this and have raised a development ticket (CAM-35326) to get this issue resolved

-

George Roberts

Manufacturing Product manager
If you'd like to provide feedback and discuss how you would like things to be in the future, Email Me and we can arrange a virtual meeting!
Message 5 of 5
JJackrabbit

Hi

Any news about this?
Since the latest update it automatically reverted back to the new dialog.

Issue is still present

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report