Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 to Autodesk Viewer - Usability Questions.

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Luke_Parf
190 Views, 1 Reply

Fusion 360 to Autodesk Viewer - Usability Questions.

Hi all,

I would like to start giving my production team access to assembly models so that they can better understand how to assemble riveted pieces without spending too much time doing detailed assembly drawings, saving a bit of design time.

I thought Autodesk Viewer would be a good solution for this, but I'm having some issues:

A: Visually Autodesk Viewer assemblies are very hard to look at since the models have no edges. There is an option to show edges but it is greyed out.

Is this because I'm uploading a .STEP file, is there a better option that will show edges or at least another way to make parts easier to distinguish?

(I have seen this issue posted in another thread, though there were no responses)

B: Whenever I upload a model is opens in Viewer face down. I have tried exporting .STEP, .SKP & .IGES all to the same result, what's up with that? I have had to manually lay each assembly on its back in the modelling space to export which is just a weird solution.

C: Perhaps Autodesk Viewer isn't the best option. of this is the case, can anybody recommend a 3D model viewer that a relatively inexperienced person could orbit, see part names, explode and make comments on models?

Looking forward to any advice!

Regards

Luke

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ryan.bales
in reply to: Luke_Parf

Some of this is normal some of this isn't:

1. Feels like a defect, i'm not sure why this doesn't work and isn't working on native Fusion files either.
  2. I've only seen this when the model was imported and used Y-UP. If Z-up it will work normally as all of mine are this way and never are they flipped wrong
  3. Maybe? this is needs dependent question only you can answer. 

I'll log the defect if its not already been logged.

Ryan Bales
Fusion 360 Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report