Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion browser overlays other applications in Mac iOS

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
rlenicheck
1831 Views, 27 Replies

Fusion browser overlays other applications in Mac iOS

In Mac iOS BigSur 11.4: When I have Fusion loaded and running in the background the Fusion browser keeps overlaying itself on top of other applications running simultaneously. It can be cleared by clicking on the original app but this is a real pain and should not be happening.

Others having this problem?

Labels (2)
27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28
lance.carocci
in reply to: rlenicheck

We can replicate it. Fixing it requires refactoring the browser layout code, and that comes with its own share of regressions, so it has not been a fast process.

Lance Carocci
Fusion QA for UI Framework/Cloud Workflows, and fervent cat enthusiast
Message 22 of 28
tw7P6VA

Understood. Thanks for the transparency here, Lance! Would love to see that in the next major release 🙂 Especially with the recent M1 support and Trackpad fix Fusion has significantly improved on Mac. The graphics bugs including the crashes when using a second monitor and this one are the only real issues stopping Fusion from being an amazing CAD tool on Mac in my opinion.

Message 23 of 28
bentwookie

I really hope someone tries setting up proper parent/child relationships on the native windows before they run off and refactor the whole thing. It's simple enough to do and was built to prevent these kinds of problems. 

Sorry for the armchair engineering, but Mac development was my bread and butter for a good while. These kinds of lingering app issues make me itchy. 

Message 24 of 28
PhDEdd

Doing another Fusion 360 project, and constantly reminded of this problem every time the display (let alone the computer) goes to sleep.

Imagine if other programs did this, and you had to switch to every application in turn just to get them to stay in their respective lanes.

Message 25 of 28
johnanger

Hi @lance.carocci 

I was about to post this issue too - and I see there is lots of discussion on it. For me it has diminished in frequency but still happens some. Please keep working on it Autodesk! Thanks and sometimes I'm sure it seems like there is nothing but problems. For me - I use Fusion a lot, I pay for it, and it is a very nice tool. I'm still learning how to drive it - there is so much depth and sophistication to it. I'm really grateful such a good program is available on the Mac too. 

Message 26 of 28
jasonu3w

This is still annoying me years later.... Any updates?? 

Message 27 of 28
lance.carocci
in reply to: jasonu3w

There should be some improvements for Insiders to test later this summer.

Lance Carocci
Fusion QA for UI Framework/Cloud Workflows, and fervent cat enthusiast
Message 28 of 28

Just adding my annoyed voice to this thread. I've got a new MacBook Air M3, running Sonoma 14.5, and Fusion version 2.0.19725 x86_64 [Rosetta 2]. In addition to the Fusion browser and comment window overlaying other applications, I had the unpleasant surprise of the entire data panel (the side drawer all your Fusion files show up in) being a blank grey field; I was able to workaround this by launching Fusion in Rosetta mode, which of course slows it down.

I still teach Fusion to my students, but the longer these sorts of basic bugs sit around, the more I encourage them towards the FOSS alternatives out there. These are far less feature-rich, but also far lighter weight and at least seem to behave consistently.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report