Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 personal use starts and terminates session

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
Anonymous
625 Views, 19 Replies

Fusion 360 personal use starts and terminates session

It started with the message that I can not save my design because of limit of 10 editable documents.

When I listed all my editable documents all of them got the read only flag. No switching possible.

I read forums and did a clean uninstall. After reinstallation, Fusion 360 started and a message window appears telling me that I have reached the maximum of editable documents. If I would like to get rid of this limit I shall subscribe full version.

Seconds later I am back to desktop.

As I do not need to edit 10 documents at the same time, I would prefer to use the feature to switch between "read only" and "editable" .

What shall I do?

Kind regards

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
Phil.E
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble.

In the image you posted, that dialog has a button to dismiss it and continue using Fusion. What happens when you click to dismiss the dialog?

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous

Thx for the quick response!

Fusion 360 is terminated. I drop back to desktop.

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous

Whatever I do it takes about 15 seconds to drop.
Message 5 of 20
Phil.E

Thanks for the quick response. 

This is unexpected. At this point the only thing we can do is look at logs. Can you please gather the logs manually, per these instructions?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-t...

Please post the logs you find so we can dig deeper.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: Phil.E

As there are more than 3 I will answer several times. Ocean Blue

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous

Here are the log files:72S

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous

Here are the log files:

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous

Here are the log files:

Message 10 of 20
Anonymous

Here are the log files:

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous

... and the last one:

Message 12 of 20
Phil.E

Thanks for the logs. I've logged a ticket for this.

While we are looking at it, do you have access to another computer with Fusion? It would be a good test to see if you get the same result on another machine.

(ref: FUS-78387)

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous

Installed Fusion 360 at my wife's pc. On startup I got the message that another Session is still running. (see jgg) I decided to terminate session remotely (look at next jpg).

After that Fusion 360 started with the known errormessage (look at last jpg) and closes client after about 15 seconds.

I hope this will help .

Kindly regards

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous

Are You able to set all my documents to read only? Maybe this will give me the opportunity to decide which I like to edit.

Kind regards

Message 15 of 20
Phil.E

For some users who get a crash report dialog (CER) it appears they can simply not send the report, move the dialog to the side, and keep using Fusion.

Some customers report that Fusion is shutting down without any CER dialog. Just confirming here, is that what you are seeing?

What happens if you disconnect your computer from the internet, then start Fusion? (turn off wifi, or pull ethernet cable). This is more of an experiment if you have time. We've been struggling to reproduce this. I spent much of yesterday trying, so apologies for the inconvenience but I have no choice but to ask for help today. Development is focused on this and we're looking for any clues we can get from the set of people who can reproduce the bug.

Thanks,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous

There is no error message when Fusion 360 client is shutting down. What do You think about that the client shuts down, the server process is still running?

As You asked I pulled the ethernet cable. No changes. 

Kind regards

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous

Sorry, I did it wrong.

If I am not connected to internet, I can use Fusion 360. I am able to switch the document tag between editable and read only.

At the moment I am connected again to internet Fusiony 360 shuts down at about 15 seconds.

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous

I did not find the error, but I or You solved my problem. I started Fusion 360 and switched on offline mode immediatly. I flagged some documents read only.

After switching on online mode everything works well.

Maybe it was an overflow when I tried to save the 10th document with a 'save as' as a 11th document.

Kind regards

Message 19 of 20
Phil.E

It sounds like you found the workaround we think solves it:

If anyone is facing this: 

• Disconnect your computer from the internet.
  • Start Fusion
  • Make all documents Read Only
  • Shut Fusion
  • Connect computer to the internet
  • Start Fusion

The bug can be reproduced again if you move editable files using Fusion Team web portal. Until we can release a fix, please avoid moving files using Fusion Team.

Thanks,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 20 of 20
Anonymous

Maybe its another good idea to disable the 'save as' option if the 10th editable document is present.

Kind regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report