Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fit-point splines not behaving

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
vagabond.xiii
451 Views, 7 Replies

Fit-point splines not behaving

Hello,

I am attempting to create a file that I can get cut by some CNC service. The outline/outer shape of this object is created with fit-point splines to get the specific curves I need. I am attempting to extrude the form to capture the internal features to create a .dwg or something, but have encountered problems. When I select "extrude," it will not let me select my spline outline at all. When I attempt to close the outline, which I suspect is the problem, it does not treat the whole shape as a single item. See the attached screenshot for what that looks like. I am able to select and extrude my internal features (circles and slots), but it extrudes the slots, not the space around them.

I don't know what the issue is, and I have tried every option I can find that looks relevant.

Thanks

Edit: Added .f3z file

Edit: Removed file. Answer was a 0.01mm gap in the line because one of the ends was not at the mirror line before i mirrored it.

Tags (1)
Labels (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Please attach the model you are asking about.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 8

Added, thanks
Message 4 of 8

You had a break in the Spline path.  The file, as you sent it to me is attached, it is an F3Z file.  Be careful where you upload it as it will duplicate your files if you use the same folder.  I recommend a different folder to be sure what you want to do.

Break in Profile.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 5 of 8

That was it, thank you! I can now close the body, but it doesn't seem to be extruding with the holes/slots as negative space. Is there something I don't know about?

When I do manage to get the holes and such in place, can I save the resulting body as a .dxf or .dwg and get it CNC cut?

Message 6 of 8

It appears I replied to the wrong place. Sorry I'm such a mess over here
Message 7 of 8
g-andresen
in reply to: vagabond.xiii

Hi,

activate the body folder

günther

Message 8 of 8
vagabond.xiii
in reply to: g-andresen

This is helpful, but not the issue I'm having. I need the sketches "alignment holes" "thickness slots" and "arching slots" to be holes in the final body. There seems to be no combination of selections that I have found that makes this happen when I extrude, and when I try to extrude a cut, it deselects the slots and holes that I am trying to extrude.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report