Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filet is dead now... Start drawing OVER?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
AutoDesk99UGT
425 Views, 8 Replies

Filet is dead now... Start drawing OVER?

OK, so I was drawing a diagram, and it was great... then, I made the mistake of trying to modify it... 

Now, the filet tool can't resolve it, and the awesome message says... it can't resolve it, try removing dimensions... so, I do this..

Out in the middle of nowhere.... Draw a line 20" long  Right angles with another line 24" long.  Hit <esc> to stop drawing them... Now I have 2 lines at right angles...

Select Filet tool... Select one line, select other... Error: Can't resolve.. blah blah useless blah..

WTF is it trying to resolve to get that?

Ok, well, draw a rectangle 20x24... select tool.. select edges top and left... ERROR apparently, too complex to resolve that sucker...

I already deleted my original lines I was trying to re-filet the corner...

Is the answer to go off and start OVER?

I'm doing this TOTALLY independent of the rest of the sketch, not locked to the origin, totally blue...

I created a screen cast, but when I go to it it doesn't do anything so I don't know how to verify that it worked...

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

FYI: I went back to a previous saved copy (under another name) before deleting that the corner, I re-deleted it, and redrew it and it worked OK.

Exiting and restarting didn't work.   For Auto-Desk guys, it is in my account, under the 'Kitchen', Island V2.  The other two aren't broken...   You can tell the broken one because the preview looks like random drawings - because the extrude isn't working now that it doesn't have a full face to extrude.

Message 3 of 9
g-andresen
in reply to: AutoDesk99UGT

Hi,

if needed:

Please share the file. & mark the relevant elements

File > export > save as f3d locally  > attach it to the next post.

günther

Message 4 of 9
AutoDesk99UGT
in reply to: g-andresen

Attached

Message 5 of 9
g-andresen
in reply to: AutoDesk99UGT

Hi,

Please show a picture or a hand sketch of what your goal is.

günther

Message 6 of 9
AutoDesk99UGT

Can you watch the screen cast?  It shows many attempts to make *anything* filet, and always getting an error!

(I'll re-post it here, in case it didn't get attached before... in that cast, you can see *many* attempts to make a filet..

And I even re-draw the rectangle/lines in the cast, so you can tell there is nothing special about them..

On Sketch 6, if for some reason it doesn't open to that....

I even went so far as to draw new lines - There are two lines drawn at 90 degrees to each other, can't filet them - they are not constrained in any way except that both endpoints are connected and they are 90 degrees.

I drew a Rectangle, same problem... What I was trying to do was to make all four corners the same, but something went wanka and it stopped working.

Oh, and yes, I exited and reloaded it... this drawing is just junked now.  I fixed it by starting the process over again...

Message 7 of 9
AutoDesk99UGT

Goal:  Take two lines that meet at 90 degrees.

Select the Filet tool, click on one line, click on the other line and not get an error.

Message 8 of 9

From what I can tell, it didn't attach the screen cast the first time, weird.

I replied above, assuming you were able to see the screen cast...  Sorry if it was a bit snarky...   It should be really obvious what I'm trying to do if you can see the screen cast...

Message 9 of 9

this has nothing directly to do with Fillet.  Your sketch has some degenerate geometry, and that is the underlying problem that is being reported by the solve failure.  Agreed that this is not obvious in any way.  See the screencast below for how to fix it:

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report