Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEA - Static stress simulation unknown Error (Solver error)

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
bupe.kyakilika
303 Views, 5 Replies

FEA - Static stress simulation unknown Error (Solver error)

Fusion will not solve a static study simulation i'm attempting to run on a chassis.

It either takes a long time (+1 hour) to solve and then the messages it outputs after a simulation are as follows, and can be seen in the screenshot below

"Error: Solver Error

Error: An error occurred while solving the model."

Are there any known fixes to this problem? I've tried running it on different computers as well as different wifi networks aswell.

Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 12.46.51.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
henderh
in reply to: bupe.kyakilika

Hi @bupe.kyakilika,

Are there any Errors listed in the Solver Output? (Results > Inspect > Solver Data > Solver Output)
If you attach the model, I can try running the solve on my end. (File > Export)

Best regards,

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)
Message 3 of 6
bupe.kyakilika
in reply to: henderh

Hi, yes i'll attach the model below in '.f3d' format

As for the solver output i couldn't find any errors listed, there was a lot of text but i couldn't find anything relating to errors.

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
bupe.kyakilika

Hi @henderhAlso i've attached the recent diagnostic logs, hopefully the issue can be found inside here. Please let me know if you see anything of use or that is causing the simulation and solver to be stuck and failing.

Thanks

Message 5 of 6
henderh
in reply to: bupe.kyakilika

Hi @bupe.kyakilika,

It appears that the solver is struggling with the geometry. There may be problems caused by 'sliver faces' inside the chassis geometry where the pipe sections overlap. These can be seen via a Section Analysis:

Chasis_inside_1.pngChasis_inside_2.png

If the model can be edited so the pipe section ends are coped / notched to eliminate interference, I believe the solver will have a much easier time with the model. If the pipe sections could remain as individual bodies, bonded contacts will be generated automatically to "glue" the sections together. Also, the time spent meshing the model can be greatly reduced by meshing relatively simple bodes, compared to meshing one complex body.

Hope this helps!

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)
Message 6 of 6
bupe.kyakilika

Hi Thanks for your help, i found a solution is by creating all the tubes as solid at first, and then using the shell function to create hollow pipes. The problem with checking the 'hollow' tick box option is that the geometries at intersections are complex and all the tubes overlap making it hard to mesh correctly when simulating causing long simulation times and fails - which looking back makes sense.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report