Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Escape key does not cancel line command entered data

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rvhughes
174 Views, 4 Replies

Escape key does not cancel line command entered data

When drawing a line in sketch mode, if I enter a dimension for the length in the dialogue box the lock icon appears and the line segment becomes fixed at the specified length as expected. If I then hit the escape key to cancel the fixed length entry, the lock disappears, but the line length remains constrained to the previously entered dimension. Is this a bug or is there a setting I'm missing?

I've seen a video where hitting the escape key should have canceled the previously entered dimension allowing me to resume picking the next point at any length I choose.

I'm running Fusion on Windows 10 Pro.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jhackney1972
in reply to: rvhughes

The process works as you describe.  The one thing you do not mention is after hitting the Escape key, you still have to type an new dimension in the dimension box.  In the animated GIF, you will see the lock symbol disappear when I hit the Escape key then I enter my new dimension.

Escape Key.gif

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 5
rvhughes
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thank you for the reply.

According to the tutorial I was watching, I should not need to enter a new value after hitting the escape key; I should simply be able to drag the mouse to the new location. Here's a link to the tutorial on YouTube at the appropriate timestamp: Getting Started with Fusion 360 Part 2 - How to Create 3D SHAPES!

So, does Fusion no longer operate in this manner?

Message 4 of 5
jhackney1972
in reply to: rvhughes

The video is rather old and Fusion upgrades on a regular basis.  The process may have changed over the years.  I cannot verify what the process was at the time of the video.  The way it works now is that once you have enter any value in the dimension box, you can touch the Escape key, but then enter a new value.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 5 of 5
rvhughes
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thank you for confirming the expected behavior in the current version. I can quit looking for a setting I missed 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report