Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erroneous Short Lines in Sketches

63 REPLIES 63
Message 1 of 64
Garret_H
3496 Views, 63 Replies

Erroneous Short Lines in Sketches

I was tempted to call this short line syndrome...

When drawing lines in sketch mode, I constantly find myself accidentally creating short lines that appear before I intend to place the end point of the line I want to draw. This can be really frustrating when it affects a length I intend to draw, or starts the line at the wrong angle. 

I usually use "L" as a hotkey for line, but am not hitting enter after or anything else like that. It seems like my computer is restringing a double click? I'm not sure exactly why. 

Either suggestions to avoid something or to have a slight dwell time built in.

63 REPLIES 63
Message 61 of 64
gwoodhouse40
in reply to: Garret_H

I upvote this for AutoDesk's attention.  Very annoying and it happens all of the time!

Message 62 of 64
davepetrides

I have Essential Tremor.  It is literally impossible for me to hold my hands entirely still.  The ability to turn this "feature" off needs to be added to accessibility options as it is a MAJOR headache to anyone with my condition (which isn't exactly rare).  I've been using AutoCAD products since R10 for DOS, and I've had ET my entire life, so I have a wee bit (30+ years) of authority on this topic. 

To reiterate in the most clear terms, Autodesk employees, particularly the MIND Network members:  Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act requires that federal agencies' electronic and information technology is accessible to people with motor, vision, or other impairments.  This feature is explicitly unfriendly to people with disabilities.  ADD IT TO ACCESSIBILITY OPTIONS ASAP.

Message 63 of 64
gkorecky

It's so frustrating to get random lines added without even realizing that it's happening. I go to check dimensions, and all of a sudden there's an extra 2mm for no reason. Please give an option to disable this feature.

Message 64 of 64
matsimento
in reply to: gkorecky

honestly, i do not even know how we are supposed to draw lines. click
and drag will only work for the first line segment, doing so on
subsequent segments will draw an arc..? i need a guide!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report