Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Education license expired issue and what you can do about it

82 REPLIES 82
SOLVED
Message 1 of 83
keqingsong
7306 Views, 82 Replies

Education license expired issue and what you can do about it

We are hearing reports from some of you experiencing unexpected license expiration issues. If you were presented with a dialog telling you that your license has expired and that you have to renew into to continue using the software. This issues is affecting those of you with legacy 3-year education licenses. We are actively working on investigating this issue and apologize for the inconvenience.

If you are experiencing this issue, please reply to this thread and attached your diagnostic log file to your response. Your help here is greatly appreciated and will help us accelerate our investigation so that we can resolve this issue ASAP. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 8.23.00 PM.png

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

82 REPLIES 82
Message 2 of 83
opus1
in reply to: keqingsong

Hello, I had the problem. As I urgently needed my documents, your technical department told me that the only solution was to take out a paid subscription. 😞
Attached is my log file.
Thanks for your help.
Best Regards

Message 3 of 83

We have now resolved this issue. A restart of Fusion 360 should get you back to proper license. Please note that this impact and fix is for anyone experiencing this with an Education / student license. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 4 of 83

Bonjour

moi j'ai une licence personnelle non destinée à un usage commerciale et depuis 2 jours je rencontre un problème avec fusion je n'ai plus accès à mes données (pas de connexion au cloud) alors que ma licence est valable jusqu'en 2022.

j'ai désinstallé fusion puis j'ai réinstallé Fusion 360, rien n'y fait. le logiciel s'ouvre mais je ne peux que travailler hors ligne.

je vous joins mon fichier de diagnostic en espérant que vous puissiez trouver une solution

merci

Moderator note: adding English translation:

Hello

I have a personal license not intended for commercial use and since 2 days I have a problem with Fusion I can no longer access my data (no connection to the cloud) while my license is valid until 2022.

i uninstalled fusion then i reinstalled fusion 360, nothing happens. the software opens but i can only work offline.

I am attaching my diagnostic file and hope you can find a solution

thanks

Message 5 of 83

@tgudin Can you please try the below:

1. Can you login to https://accounts.autodesk.com/ without any issues? I am sure you will see your designs in here if you do. 
2. The logs does show an error to connect to some of our services. Can you simply restart the machine and see if that helps? Many times that simply gets everything we need. 

3. One another option would be to restart your router if you are connected to a wifi. Although this helps for some other errors it would certainly be worthwhile to try this. 

If none of this helps we can look at other options. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 6 of 83
RajkumarIlanchelian
in reply to: opus1

@opus1 Did a restart of Fusion fix your issue? I see that you have a student entitlement and we did a fix that should take care of it. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 7 of 83
opus1
in reply to: RajkumarIlanchelian

No, restart soft and mac does not solve the problem.

I log in, but with my paid account, not educ one.

Can you tell me when my educ account stops?

Or where can I find it?

Message 8 of 83
RajkumarIlanchelian

@opus1 We are checking internally on the state of your EDU license.

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 9 of 83

@opus1 I checked with our license team and it looks like your education account is showing up as unverified account. Can you use this link - https://www.autodesk.com/education/edu-software/overview?sorting=featured&filters=individual and get started with Fusion 360 verification (Get started should take you into Individual or school/lab etc and walk you through the process). Once the account is verified then you should get the access.

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 10 of 83
opus1

I've never been asked this before. I had a startup license, and one day I saw "education license" appear in my menu bar. Do I have to request a statup license again?

Message 11 of 83
RajkumarIlanchelian

@opus1 You can apply for the one that you qualify. Are you still qualifying for an education? if not you will have to go the startup route.

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 12 of 83
Anonymous
in reply to: keqingsong

I have been accessed the student license for some years, and I am still a student in college now. But fusion 360 suddenly said my education license is expired now, and I can't find anyplace to renew or re-access my account. I saw post also talking about this problem. https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-support/please-help-for-the-renew-of-of-education-license/...  How can I fix it?

Message 13 of 83
RajkumarIlanchelian
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous Please use this link and you should be taken to a page where you can select Fusion 360 and then if this is individual or class/lab etc and you should be guided to the verification process.

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 14 of 83

moderator note: English translation added:

Hello,

I did what you said but it still doesn't work.

Here is attached a screenshot when I opened the merge and my diagnostic log

At the beginning, I had a student license that I had transformed into a personal license about 1 year ago.

thank you for your help

Sincerely

Mr. Gudin

Bonjour,

J'ai fait ce que vous avez dit mais cela ne fonctionne toujours pas.

voici en pièces jointes une capture d'écran à l'ouverture de fusion et mon journal diagnostic

Au début, j'avais une licence étudiant que j'avais transformé ensuite en licence personnelle il y a 1 an environ.

merci pour votra aide

cordialement

M. Gudin

Message 15 of 83
Anonymous

I couldn't find any place for me to input my student information. When I clicked in the Fusion 360 button, it just forced me to download the app over and over again, but my student account is still expired now.

Btw, I have been using Fusion 360 education license for around 4 years. I am still a student now. It just suddenly said my license is expired but don't tell me how to re-access after I update the app. I believe this is just a synchronizing bug.

Message 16 of 83
Anonymous

Btw, I have been using Fusion 360 education license for around 4 years. I am still a student now. It just suddenly said my license is expired but don't tell me how to re-access after I update the app. I believe this is just a synchronizing bug.
Message 17 of 83
RajkumarIlanchelian

@Anonymous I added a small word document that shows how you can go about verifying for the student license. The key is if you are having multiple accounts to use the account user Id of the student account. Please let me know if this helps. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 18 of 83
Anonymous

I couldn't have step 4 to 6 in your word file. When I clicked "access" fusion 360, it just took me to download Fusion 360. I tried this hundreds of time. I think maybe I have been using Fusion 360 for many years as a student, and it skipped the step 4 to 6. Can you help me to re-access my education license manually?

Message 19 of 83
RajkumarIlanchelian

@Anonymous I am reaching out internally to see what could be done. Will update you as soon as I have information. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 20 of 83

@tgudin As I mentioned your issue is not really the education license expiring. This is a different issue where you are forced to go offline. Can you try the below, please?

1. Logout of Fusion
2. Close Fusion 
3. Go to C:\Users\YOUR USER ID\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Autodesk Fusion 360\UNIQUE NAMED FOLDER (like 200** or alphabets)/Delete OfflineCache.xml

4. Restart your machine (generally not needed but would recommend)
5. Now start Fusion 360 and login

I am hoping now you will be able to login and be online successfully.

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report