Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing workspace freezing on scale change

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
alexpinson5
376 Views, 5 Replies

Drawing workspace freezing on scale change

Hi guys,

Just wanted to make note of a bug I've had happen a few times recently. Occasionally if I change the scale of a base view (currently using a very simple single part drawing, so it's not hanging to calculate) Fusion freezes. 

What's odd is it doesn't seem to be the same kind of performance issue crash I've seen (spinning mouse wheel, Windows telling me the program isn't responding) instead Fusion seems to be running fine in the background. When I adjust the scale of the base view the entire window freezes and nothing can be clicked. I don't get any loading symbols or screens, but if I close Fusion from the taskbar the normal save window pops up so something is still working behind the scenes. If the file hasn't been saved yet hitting save never seems to work. Once Fusion closes I'm also left with some of the UI overlaid on my monitor.

Here's a quick screencast of what it looks like after the freeze happens: https://somup.com/cZnrYBpxQi I tried, but wasn't able to immediately replicate the issue for a screencast but have had this happen a few times with a few different files over the last week or so.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hey Alex,

I’m sorry to hear that you are having trouble. The team is aware of this issue and are working on a solution.
If they require any additional information for your specific case they will reach out.

Thanks!

Kyle Williams
Senior Customer Advocacy Manager - Design and Documentation
Ontario, Canada

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 6
liang_chen
in reply to: alexpinson5

Sorry for issue, and We are still working on investigation.

Can you pls help to launch Process Explorer when work on Fusion? Please create mini dump files from both AcCoreConsole.exe and Fusion.exe when issue happens, and share the files with us. They will be helpful for us to check which processes have particular handles opened or DLLs loaded. You can also send them via mail. My mail address is 'Liang.chen@autodesk.com'

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer 

Fred Chen
SQA Engineer
Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 6
alexpinson5

Thanks for the replies - @liang_chen yes, I'll try to get you some mini dump files next time I'm working on a drawing and this happens.

Message 5 of 6
liang_chen

We received some dump files from users, and added some improvement and fixing by the symptom found in Dump. Ideally, the fixing will reduce the frequency of this issue, and it is available in the new update of ProD versin (2.0.18477). Please update to the latest version, and let us know if this issue is still there.

Please share the dump files with us if you meet this issue again. Thanks for your support and patience. 

Fred Chen
SQA Engineer
Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 6
korpelakaj

Hello.

I am having the exact same problem since a few years. I does not happen too often but it just happened now.

It seems like something is waiting for a response from me in the background. If I want to force Fusion to close it asks me if I want to save the drawing. 

Thanks,

Kaj

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report